Philadelphia, PA - Celebrate everything there is to eat, see and experience in the 215 during the 1st Annual 215 Day Presented by Do215 on 02/15. Do215 is a locally curated event guide and discovery platform to raise up and highlight upcoming concerts, films, festivals, special events, happenings, food and drink. This new first time event is designed to pay homage to all the jawn in the City of Brotherly Love - lets come together and get Philly about it this February! Philadelphia's soon to be famous holiday is here with all the hookups, discounts, giveaways, special experiences and exclusive dishes/drinks. The name of the event recognizes Philly's oldest and original area code generated in 1947 with a 24-hour special event on February 15th. While Philly has racked up a ton more zip codes since then, the city has also added world-class things to do that scream out for recognition. This special day is a chance to get up, get out and Do 215 Day the right way. Access to all the events, discounts and chances to win are completely FREE - with more information now up at www.do215.com
"After the successful launch of Do215 in Philadelphia we wanted to design a one day event that shined the spotlight on the amazing things that happen in our city," said Do215 Market Lead, Ellei Johndro. "Philadelphia is a thriving city with everything from incredible restaurants to fantastic venues, some of the greatest sports teams and fans, theaters and concerts, museums, major events, and more all running the gamut from an intimate to a grandiose scale. With 215 Day, we want to bring attention to our go-to guide for everything happening in Philly every day and night of the week. It is a chance to connect people to their city and help them explore and discover all the gems that make Philly truly a one-of-a-kind place to live and visit."
The 1st Annual 215 Day will shine the spotlight on eats and drinks, goodies and giveaways and on the town. The public is invited (for free!) to engage with 215 Day through contests and prizes from local businesses, access to exclusive events, concerts and deals, and by enjoying special features designed exclusively for the event.
EATS AND DRINKS
Do215 has racked up a ton of gift certificates, deals, and happy hours with some of our favorite restaurants, bars, and cafes around the city to celebrate this special day. Enter to win these awesome giveaways - with more to be added as the BIG day gets closer.
* Win a $100 Gift Certificate for Amada by Celebrity Iron Chef Jose Garces
* Win a $100 Gift Certificate to the newly renovated Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti in Old City
* Win a $100 Gift Certificate from Port Richmond's NEMI
* Win a $100 Gift Certificate from La Roma
* Win a $75 Gift Certificate and Post Haste T-shirt
* Win a $50 Gift Certificate and a Fishtown Tavern T-Shirt
* Win a $50 Gift Certificate to Hawthornes Cafe in South Philly
* Win a $50 Gift Certificate to Evil Genius Beer Company
* $2.15 Bagel and Small Cream Cheese at any PHILLY Bagels and Co. location (RSVP online for free, any location in the 215, tons of toppings and flavors)
* $2.15 Off ALL Food, Beer and Adult Beverages at Brewerytown Food Hall (RSVP online, from open to closing hours)
* $2.15 Pizza Slices at SliCE Italian Market (RSVP online for free, with variety of slices from plain to special signature available)
* $2.15 Small Coffees on 215 Day at HIVE Cafe (RSVP online for free)
* $2.15 Milkshake, All Day, Open to Close, with Any Burger, Sandwich or Salad Purchase at P'unk Burger on East Passyunk Avenue
* Exclusive extended Heavy Fringe Happy Hour at The International - PLUS: a Swag bag from INTL + Shadowscene (RSVP online for free)
* Exclusive 215 Day Cheesesteak served with free order of fries at Nipotina in South Philadelphia - featuring Ribeye, Caramelized Onions, Arugula and a Triple Creme Brie Cheese. Bonus: Free side of small fries with every order of the Exclusive 215 Day Cheesesteak.
GOODIES AND GIVEAWAYS
It wouldn't be right to celebrate 215 Day without some true Philly goodies and experiences. Dive into a mix of artistic, wellness, and entertainment prizes that capture the vibrant spirit of Philadelphia. From free bowling and karaoke to art and wellness prizes, there's something for everyone!
* Special priced Family Deluxe Membership to Philadelphia Zoo normally $280 but on 215 Day only $215 - included admission for up to 2 named adults, 4 children under 18 years old, 2 guests per visit, 10 attraction credits, 2 spyglass decoders and more.
* Exclusive discount $2.15 off tickets on 215 Day to Philadelphia Zoo to see Thomas Dambo's TROLLS: Save the Humans, with Imagine Exhibitions
* Win a family four pack of tickets to Philadelphia Zoo for the grand opening of Thomas Dambo's TROLLS: Save the Humans, with Imagine Exhibitions
* Win an Exclusive 2 Hour Food and Neighborhood Tour of East Passyunk Avenue including free food and drink samples along the way, plus a souvenir East Passyunk souvenir to take home with you, look for PRO insider tips along the way
* Win an Exclusive 2 Hour Food and Neighborhood Tour of Northern Liberties including free food and drink samples, Old City Souvenir and pro tips on the fastest growing neighborhood in the entire region
* Win a $50 Gift Certificate from one of Philly's Top Artists GRIMGRIMGRIM
* Win a Sacred Center Wellness Gift Set from Sacred Path
* Win a T-Shirt from Legendary Bob & Barbara's
* Win a Pair of Guest Passes to the Philadelphia Magic Gardens
* Win Chicken Dinner + Free Bowling for 4 at Brooklyn Bowl Philly
* RSVP for the chance of a $50 Cash Prize at Pat Pharari Karaoke
OUT ON THE TOWN!
And finally, there would be no 215 Day without ticket giveaways! But not just any ticket giveaways. We've got some of the best shows happening on February 15th up for grabs along with tickets to a show of your choice from World Cafe Live, Underground Arts, MilkBoy, Anchor Rock Club, and Ardmore Music Hall!
Win a Pair of Tickets to Ron Pope + Vinyl copy of Daylight
Win a Pair of Tickets to Curtis Stigers
Win a Golden Ticket from Underground Arts
Win a Golden Ticket from MilkBoy
Win a Golden Ticket from Ardmore Music Hall
Win a Pair of Tickets to DeadYellow at Kung Fu Necktie
Win a Wild Card + $50 Gift Certificate from World Cafe Live
Win a Golden 4-Pack of Tickets to Anchor Rock Club
"As you celebrate 215 Day, we hope you’re able to fully take advantage of all these exciting deals and giveaways," said Johndro. "We use this day not only to highlight the unique and rich culture of Philadelphians but also as a reminder that there’s no place in the world like Philly."
To celebrate the special launch of this new holiday in Philadelphia, Do215 has tapped the talents of local artist Brian Langan to create exclusive commemorative art to celebrate the milestone. His 2024 215 Day work gives off vintage vibes and features plenty of Philly jawn to make it a keepsake of the first year's event. Look for it in poster size at select locations around town.
Langan, born and raised in Scranton, PA is a renowned Artist/Musician who relocated to the city of Philadelphia in 2011 and has since made it his home. Working mainly with, but not limited to, bands, event promoters and venues, Langan has become known for his work adorning posters, albums, merchandise and logo art. He's created numerous designs ranging extensively from murals to hot sauce labels with most of his inspiration being drawn from 1960’s psychedelia, video games, fantasy films and the amazing Cooper Sharp cheese.Clients of his include: Johnny Brenda’s, Justin Hawkins of The Darkness, moe., Billy Strings, Toby Lehman of Dr. Dog, District Taco, NEPA Horror Fest, Johnny Showcase, The Pat Finnerty Show, Chibson_USA, Shadowscene, The International Bar and Cavanaugh’s.
For background, 215 Day is a celebration of all things local, organized and curated in Philadelphia by Market Lead Ellei Johndro. She was tapped to run the local Do215 market and launch this new day as she has deep connections and contacts in Philadelphia from over the last 15 years. With two decades as a touring photographer, writer / artist recognized mostly under the moniker of Shadowscene, she dove into venue and event management, artist booking and DJing to round out her creative roster. Over the past 15 years she's watched the city of Philadelphia grow, change and transition all while being a part of integral scenes and businesses that evolved to become essential anchors within the community as well as foster and maintain lifelong relationships with the people who built and sustained them. Her role as the Market Lead for Do215 has allowed her to bring all of this together while helping to yet again, share something with the city of Philadelphia and with 215 Day ... create an opportunity to celebrate the culturally rich, unique and constantly evolving city she calls home.
Want more hook-ups? See all all the jawn here:
More giveaways, offers and tickets will be added as 215 gets closer.
Do215 launched in Philadelphia in September of 2023, making it the 22nd metro market for the DoStuff media network. From concerts and festivals to film and special events (and everything in between), Do215 is the best place to find out what's happening in Philadelphia. For a condensed dose of the best things coming up, make sure to sign up for our daily newsletter. Do215 not only allows you to discover and promote your events, but also share your favorite picks with friends. Signing up is easy as pie, and gives you instant access to giveaways for tickets and exclusive prizes. It’s also FREE. Not too shabby, right?