on all Interstate highways as of 6 p.m. today, Tuesday, March 14
Motorists urged to use caution as road conditions can change quickly
(Trenton) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials announced the Commercial Vehicle Travel Restriction will be lifted effective at 6 p.m. today, Tuesday, March 14 for all highways.
All vehicles previously listed in the restriction are able to resume normal travel on the following highways in both directions:
- I-78, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-80, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-280, entire length from I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
- I-287, entire length from NJ Route 440 to the New York State border
- NJ Route 440, from the Outerbridge Crossing to I-287
Interstate and State highways are in good condition, but with high winds and freezing temperatures there is a potential for roads to be slippery. It is important to remember road conditions can change quickly. Our crews will continue to monitor conditions through the night to make sure roads remain in good condition.
NJDOT will be using Variable Message Signs throughout the storm to provide updates. For winter weather and preparedness updates, motorists are encouraged to check the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management’s website, www.Ready.NJ.gov and NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information. For NJDOT news and updates follow us on the NJDOT Facebook page or on Twitter @NewJerseyDOT.