NEWARK, DELAWARE--(December 1, 2022)(CNBNewsnet)--On November 12, 2022, at about 1550 hours, two male subjects knocked on the door of a residence in the unit block of Winslow Road. The subjects identified themselves as being from the “fire department” and advised that they needed to check the residence due to work being done in the area. One of the subjects provided identification that stated “fire department.”
Once inside the residence, the subjects walked around the residence with the homeowners and then left the residence. No crime is known to have occurred in the residence.
On November 22 Newark Police Detectives charged the two men from Mt. Ephraim along with two other suspects with their involvement in this incident. After detectives reviewed surveillance footage and conducted interviews, they determined that similar incidents occurred within other police jurisdictions, including New Castle County Police and New Castle City Police. Detectives also determined that cash had been taken from the victim’s residence.
Detectives executed arrest warrants and charged four suspects who were already in custody. The suspects were each charged with:
- Burglary First Degree
- Theft Under $1,500 with a Victim 62 or Older
- Conspiracy Second Degree
All four suspects appeared before a Justice of the Peace Court and were ordered to be held in default of bail amounts listed below:
- Held in default of $7,000 secured bail at the Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution in New Castle:
- Mandy Frank, 23, of Mt. Ephraim, NJ
- Lisa John, 27 (no permanent address)
- Held in default of $24,000 cash bail at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in Wilmington:
- Nicholas Williams, 24 of Mt. Ephraim, NJ
- Angelo Bimbo, 27 (no permanent address)
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Det. P. Klein at (302) 366-7100 x. 3480 or email@example.com.