Detours necessary during construction
(Trenton) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a railroad crossing rehabilitation project requiring the closure and detour of Paulsboro Road/CR 653 in Woolrich, Gloucester County
Beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, November 28, until 7 p.m., Monday, December 5, NJDOT’s contractor, Tracks Unlimited, is scheduled to close and detour Paulsboro Road/CR 653 in both directions between Kings Highway and Route 322 in Woolrich to remove the existing railroad crossing and reconstruct the crossing and approaches. Access will be maintained for local traffic. The following detours will be in place:
Paulsboro Road/CR 653 northbound detour:
- Motorists wishing to take Paulsboro Road/CR 653 northbound will be directed to Kings Highway/CR 551 northbound
- Turn left onto Route 322/Swedesboro Road westbound back to Paulsboro Road/CR 653
Paulsboro Road/CR 653 southbound detour:
- Motorists on Paulsboro Road/CR 653 southbound will be directed to turn left onto Route 322/Swedesboro Road eastbound
- Turn right onto Kings Highway/CR 551 southbound
- Turn right onto Paulsboro Road/CR 653
In order to provide safer and smoother railroad crossing, the existing crossing will be replaced with new concrete crossings and asphalt approaches. This federally-funded project is included within NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program which repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 50 crossings each year, statewide.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NewJerseyDOT and on the NJDOT Facebook page.