image courtesy of www.fifa.com/
The Qatar World Cup 2022 is fast approaching. The world’s biggest footballing event will be hosted by the tiny nation for the first time. After a lengthy bidding process, it was confirmed that the 2022 FIFA World Cup would be staged in Qatar.
With just a few days to go until kickoff, here are some interesting facts and predictions you might want to know about the tournament.
World Cup 2022: The Interesting Facts You Should Know
- The first FIFA World Cup was played in 1930 in Uruguay.
- The Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup will be the first to be hosted in a winter season in the Northern Hemisphere.
- In addition to becoming the first Middle Eastern country to host the FIFA World Cup, Qatar will also stage the renowned event for the second time in Asia in 2022. It first occurred when Japan and South Korea co-hosted the FIFA tournament for the first time in Asia in 2002.
- In November, the average temperature in Qatar is 84 degrees Fahrenheit, while in December, it is 75 degrees Fahrenheit. The venues of the 2022 FIFA World Cup will have air conditioning to fight the heat.
- The government of Qatar does not need previous visa arrangements for Americans traveling on a US tourist passport. According to the State Department, travelers may get a free visa waiver upon arrival.
- The competition will take place at eight different locations in five separate host cities. This is the fewest number of world cup venues in recent years.
- A record $200 billion is being spent by Qatar on infrastructural development, including the building of apartments, motorways, and stadiums. As a result, the FIFA World Cup in Qatar will rank among the most costly tournaments ever.
- The number of tourists anticipated to come to Qatar during the FIFA 2022 event is one of the event's most intriguing statistics. A record number of spectators may arrive for the Qatar FIFA 2022 World Cup by the time the competition is through, according to estimates.
- All around the nation, fan zones will be built up where alcohol will be sold at discounted prices. Fans would be able to watch live play from the fan zones while also purchasing inexpensive booze as part of this entire proposal for the World Cup in Qatar.
FIFA is adored by people all around the world. It will be entertaining to watch and wager on with the event quickly coming. Check out this page if you enjoy watching cricket as well, https://pari-match.in/blog/en/most-handsome-cricketer-in-the-world/.
2022 FIFA World Cup Predictions
Many people are curious about what will happen in Qatar during the next month as the 2022 FIFA World Cup draws closer. Check out the predictions made by football experts for the most recent FIFA competition.
- Among the group favorites, Brazil and Argentina should have no trouble advancing to the round of 16. That group might also include The Netherlands.
- Argentina is a terrific squad with a supporting cast finally deserving of their superstar leader, and Messi winning the big one in his final World Cup is a great narrative. It is not a coincidence that they will approach the World Cup undefeated in 35 games.
- World-class athletes from Serbia include Dusan Vlahovic and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Vanja, Sergej's brother, has also made some superb saves for Torino this year. Serbia's most recent game was against Norway, where Erling Haaland was shut out. They make a pretty powerful team.
- If Sadio Mane and the company can advance from Group A, they will be able to challenge anyone in the knockout rounds. They have a strong defensive play, as they showed throughout the AFCON and qualification, and they have a player in Mane who can make or break a game.
The Venues for the Qatar World Cup 2022
There will be eight stadiums where the games will be played in Qatar.
- Lusail Iconic Stadium - This stadium in Qatar will host ten matches.
- Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium - This stadium in Qatar will host seven matches.
- Al-Bayt Stadium - This will host the opening match between Qatar and Ecuador.
- Khalifa International Stadium: It is the only stadium in operation since 1976 that was not built from the ground up.
- Stadium 974- The stunning city of Doha, Qatar, is where Stadium 974 is located. It will host seven FIFA World Cup matches in 2022.
- Al Thumama Stadium - Al Thumama Stadium. It has a capacity of 40,000 spectators as well. Matches from Groups A, B, E, and F will take place here.
- Education City Stadium: In total, eight matches will take place here.
- Al Janoub Stadium: This stadium in Qatar will host seven matches.
The Qatar World Cup 2022 is sure to be an exciting tournament. Qatar 2022 will be one of the first football World Cups hosted in the winter, and this may lead to some interesting quirks in the tournament. It is set to be a thrilling competition, with the host nation expected to be one of the favorites to win the tournament.