INTRODUCING PHILLY’S NEW WEEKLY SUMMER TRADITION,
Tuesday afternoons along the Waterfront are about to get even better with the launch of the Philly River Stroll on July 5, a new weekly happening with entertainment, music, performances, games, special food and beverage deals, two for the price of one amusement and more from Cherry Street Pier all the way to Spruce Street Harbor Park and beyond. Details about that and everything you need to know about Independence Day Weekend on the Waterfront are below.
PHILADELPHIA – Beginning Tuesday, July 5, Philadelphians and visitors can partake in a new weekly experience this summer, The Philly River Stroll. Every Tuesday, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, a large stretch of the central Delaware River Waterfront will be activated. Tuesday afternoons on the Waterfront will become a festive party complete with circus performers all the way from Spruce Street Harbor Park to Cherry Street Pier, DJs at Spruce Street Harbor Park and Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest, resident artist pop-ups at Cherry Street Pier. Plus, amazing specials from Twisted Tea, Hornitos Tequila, Liberty Point, The Garden at Cherry Street Pier, Morgan’s Pier, the Moshulu, Chickie’s & Pete’s, The Estuary (Sea Philly), French Toast Bites, The Hilton at Penn’s Landing’s Rope and Anchor, and more.
“With the recent completion of The Delaware River Trail, the ability to enjoy multiple stops along the Waterfront and spend the day hopping from one park to the next is easier than ever,” said Jodie Milkman, Executive Vice President at DRWC, “We want to give visitors and residents another reason to enjoy these warm summer days, al fresco, and benefit from all that the Waterfront has to offer.”
Below is the lineup of offers and activities making up the new The Philly River Stroll:
Dates: Tuesdays beginning July 5
Timing: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Spruce Street Harbor Park:
- $3 off chicken, pastor, or veggie tacos
- $6 Drafts (Victory Summer Love, Yards Lazy Hammock, Love City Lime City Lager)
- $5 Twisted Teas
- $6 TRULY Hard Seltzers
- $2 off all Hornitos Margaritas
Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest
- Buy-One-Get-One Ferris wheel rides
- Buy-One-Get-One Miniature Golf
- Buy-One-Get-One Roller Skating (with reservations in advance)
- Food specials at Chickie’s & Pete’s (see below for details)
- $6 All Drafts
- $6 TRULY Hard Seltzers
- $5 Twisted Teas
- $2 off Hornitos Margaritas
Cherry Street Pier
- Taco Tuesday: $2 per taco (chicken tinga, carnitas, and veggie)
- Select Artist studios will be offering discounts and specials.
Waterfront Partner Specials and Offers
- Chickie’s & Pete’s discount Crabfries at BCRR
- Moshulu discounts on select wine, beer, and cocktails
- Hilton at Penn’s Landing’s Rope and Anchor $3 Latitude 39 draft beers and complimentary parking at Hilton parking garage with purchases of $40 or more
- French Toast Bites: Buy One, Get Half Off of French Toast Bites with unlimited toppings at Spruce Street Harbor Park and Cherry Street Pier
- The Estuary (Sea Philly) Happy Hour that highlights a different liquor vendor each week
- Morgan’s Pier and Liberty Point: $5 on all Mainstay Independent Brewing Company drafts
For additional information, visit DelawareRiverWaterfront.com.
And of course, there is no shortage of excitement on the Waterfront before the Philly River Stroll kicks off – DRWC has planned an exciting lineup of family-friendly events and activities for Independence Day Weekend with concerts, markets, art exhibits, roller skating, and more.
Below is a complete schedule:
Friday, July 1, 2022
- Our America Now: Expressions of Freedom and Waterfront Fireworks part of Wawa Welcome America at Cherry Street Pier from 6 pm to 10 pm. Free and open to the public. Set along Philadelphia’s iconic waterfront, this immersive experience brings to life pivotal moments of history and tells the stories of influential individuals through diverse voices. Artists from Olive Dance Theatre and We The People Stage will use spoken word, dance, and song to portray personal and historical stories rooted in passionate expressions of freedom. Stick around after Our America Now: Expressions of Freedom at Cherry Street Pier to enjoy breathtaking views of the fireworks from the Cherry Street Pier Garden or at these other Waterfront destinations: Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest, Spruce Street Harbor Park, Race Street Pier,Pier 68, and Washington Avenue Pier. Free and open to the public.
- Live DJ Nights at Spruce Street Harbor Park from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Free and open to the public. Start your holiday weekend right with a dance party at Spruce Street Harbor Park with a slammin’ music mix by spin master DJ Nash. Review the full summer DJ lineup here.
Saturday, July 2, 2022
- U.S. Army Band “Pershing’s Own” Concert and Fireworks Part of Wawa Welcome America at the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Free and open to the public. Join us this Independence Weekend for the U.S. Army Band “Pershing’s Own” concert at 8:00 pm followed by fireworks. Enjoy the fireworks at these other Waterfront destinations: Cherry Street Pier, Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest, Spruce Street Harbor Park, Race Street Pier, Pier 68, and Washington Avenue Pier.
- Makers Market at Spruce Street Harbor Park from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Free and open to the public. Treat yourself this holiday weekend with a custom creation from this specialty market featuring amazing goods by local vendors.
Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Family Fun Day at Spruce Street Harbor Park from 2:00 pm to 4:00pm. Free and open to the public. Join for activities with the Philadelphia School of Circus Arts.
Monday, July 4, 2022
- Spruce Street Harbor Park and Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest Early Hours from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Free and open to the public. Food, drink, and amenities are pay-as-you-go. Celebrate Independence Day at Philly’s most beloved Waterfront destinations Spruce Street Harbor Park and Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest for fun in the sun. Enjoy hammocks, a dazzling new light display, and amazing food and drinks from Philly food vendors atSpruce Street Harbor Park. Or get your skate on at Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest, featuring boardwalk games and rides, and stunning views of the Ben Franklin Bridge. All parks will be closing at 5 pm on Independence Day.
Get social with us!
- Share your journey along the Philly River Stroll with us on Facebook (@phillyriverstroll and @DelawareRiverWaterfront) Instagram (@phillyriverstroll and @delawareriverwaterfront) and Twitter (@DelRiverWfront) or using the hashtag #PhillyRiverStroll and #MyPhillyWaterfront.
- Share your July 4th fun with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtag #MyPhillyWaterfront or #July4thPhilly.
The Summer Season on the Delaware River Waterfront is brought to you by Independence Blue Cross, PECO, Pennsylvania Lottery, Jim Beam & Hornitos, Twisted Tea & TRULY, Liberty Coca-Cola, and NBC 10, Telemundo 62 and NBC Sports Philadelphia.
DELAWARE RIVER WATERFRONT CORPORATION
DRWC is a 501(c)(3) created in January 2009, exclusively for the benefit of the City of Philadelphia and its citizens. The fundamental purpose of DRWC is to design, develop, program and maintain public amenities such as permanent and seasonal parks, trails, and streetscape improvements to transform the waterfront into a vibrant destination for recreational, cultural, and commercial activities for the residents and visitors of Philadelphia as is consistent with the goals of the Master Plan for the Central Delaware. Daily programming throughout the entire year is changing the way Philadelphians see and converse about the waterfront, and is helping to create spaces and communities that connect residents and visitors to the waterfront.