First In-Person Meeting Since the COVID-19 Pandemic
Lawrenceville, NJ – The Medical Society of New Jersey (MSNJ) will be hosting its 2022 Annual Meeting, entitled Rising Through The Pandemic, on Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7, 2022 in Camden, NJ. This unique, interactive conference is designed to connect and engage with New Jersey physicians and review the overall impact of the practice of medicine within the state.
“This is the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic, we are able to gather together – physician members, staff and other healthcare professionals – for our educational, engaging annual meeting,” said Larry Downs, CEO of the Medical Society of New Jersey. “Our health care landscape has changed drastically in New Jersey over the past few years. This meeting allows us to look towards the future, while acknowledging the hard work and resiliency of our physician members, who have been on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The two-day meeting will feature a variety of networking events and receptions in order to promote engagement among attendees. A Kick-Off Reception (ticketed event) will be held the night of Friday, May 6 from 7-9 p.m.at the Battleship New Jersey in order to celebrate the commencement of the Annual Meeting and give meeting attendees the opportunity to network and socialize with one another.
Additionally, the meeting will feature a number of educational workshops, presentations and panel discussions featuring highly-respected subject matter experts and physicians addressing various issues of importance to the health care community in New Jersey. This year’s featured speakers and presentation topics include:
- Two presentations* focused on telehealth and advance technologies, featuring:
- Srikar Reddy, MD, FAAFP, Ministry Market Regional Medical Director of Virtual Care for Ascension Michigan
- Howard Pine, Esq., Deputy Director, Division of Consumer Affairs
- A panel discussion* on telemedicine perspective in New Jersey, featuring:
- Jack Cappitelli, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Summit Health
- Bethann Mercanti, DSC, MMSc, PA-C, Director of Clinical Operations, Cooper Neurological Institute
- John T. Nasr, MD, Neurologist & Epileptologist at Neurology Group of Bergen County, P.A.
- A presentation* on sustainability in healthcare, featuring
- Elizabeth Cerceo, MD, FACP, FHM, Associate Program Director, Cooper University Health Care
- A luncheon and presentation on innovations in cardiometabolic care, featuring:
- Niki Patel, PharmD, MBA, CDCES, Novo Nordisk
- Melissa Legin, DMSc, CDE, PA, Novo Nordisk
*Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
MSNJ’s House of Delegates meeting will be held Saturday morning and is a closed event, open only to MSNJ members. During the meeting, delegates will celebrate the official installation of MSNJ’s 230th President Steven Orland, MD.
The conference will conclude that evening with MSNJ’s 2022 Presidential Dinner/Gala (ticketed event) honoring Immediate Past President Philip E. Kline, MD, President Kennedy U. Ganti, MD and newly installed President Steven Orland, MD. During the event, MSNJ will also honor 2022 Lifetime Achievement Award honoree, Joseph J. Fallon, Jr., MD and 2022 DeGroote Award honoree, Nancy Mueller, MD.
Sponsors for the 2022 MSNJ Annual Meeting include: Capital Health, Summit Health, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Nuance, Cooper University Health Care, Middlesex & Mercer Counties Medical Societies, Empro Insurance, Teleflex and Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Registration for this year’s MSNJ Annual Meeting is required – visit https://msnj.org/page/2022annualmeeting or call (609) 896-1766 for a full agenda, registration and pricing for ticketed events. For additional information or any questions, contact MSNJ at email@example.com.