* WHAT...Up to one foot of inundation above ground level expected in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal waterways.
* WHERE...Tidal areas of Atlantic, Cape May, and southeastern Burlington Counties in New Jersey.
* WHEN...From 5 AM to 11 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...At this level, flooding begins on the most vulnerable roads in coastal and bayside communities, and along inland tidal waterways. Some partial or full road closures are possible.
* AFFECTED AREAS: ATLANTIC ... CAPE MAY ... ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY ... COASTAL ATLANTIC ... SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some road closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood. Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to costly repairs. Visit the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service at water.weather.gov/ahps for additional water level and flood impact information for your local tide gauge.
Maple Shade Township Police Department
200 N Stiles Ave
Maple Shade Township, NJ 08052