Upgraded Road Courses Already in Use
TRENTON – The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission today opened a brand-new field house at its Cherry Hill road test site, located at 617 Hampton Road.
The new field house in Cherry Hill replaces a decades-old temporary structure, and features a modern design used at other NJMVC road test locations in Bakers Basin, Delanco, Eatontown, Lodi, Rahway, and Wayne.
The field house features several upgrades:
- improved computer systems with faster internet connections that will speed transactions and boost efficiencies
- overall enhanced aesthetics and amenities, including separate bathrooms for customers and employees, which were not part of the old facility
- planned camera stations to allow drivers who pass the road test to get their probationary licenses on-site, eliminating the need for separate trips to an NJMVC Licensing Center
As staff transitions to the new facility, there will be no disruption to road test operations in Cherry Hill.
Alongside the newly built field house, other improvements at the Cherry Hill road test location include:
- a repaved CDL course to better meet CDL testing demand
- additional space for auto and motorcycle driver testing
- improvements to drainage, grading, and the site’s infrastructure to make the road test experience better for customers and employees alike
“The new field house and courses are a big step up for NJMVC road test operations in Cherry Hill,” said NJMVC Chief Administrator Sue Fulton. “Our team has done a great job with the redesigned site, and we are excited to be able to serve our customers at another state-of-the-art facility.”
While construction was only recently completed on the field house, NJMVC staff have been administering road tests on the new courses as they became available with the end of construction.
Earlier in the summer, CDL road testing at Cherry Hill was temporarily relocated to Delanco to facilitate the last phases of construction.
NJMVC road tests are administered by appointment at Cherry Hill and 14 otherlocations around the state from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For NJMVC services and information, please go to our website at NJMVC.gov.