GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (October 5, 2021)(CNBNews)--The Gloucester City Police Department is seeking applicants for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer-Class III
Minimum qualifications for SLEO personnel:
1) Must be retired law enforcement officers who are less than 65 years of age. NOTE: a law enforcement officer shall not be considered retired if the officer's return to employment violates any federal or state law or regulation, which would deem the officer's retirement as not being bona fide;
2) Must have served as a duly qualified, fully trained, full-time officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency and must be living in New Jersey and was separated from that prior service in good standing;
3) ‘Good standing’ means to exclude a retirement resulting from injury or incapacity.
4) Must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in
accordance with PTC guidelines;
5) Must possess a valid New Jersey PTC basic police officer certification or New Jersey
State Police Academy certification;
The Gloucester City Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of Special
Law Enforcement Officer-Class III for school security.
Applications will be available at Police Headquarters (313 Monmouth Street, Gloucester City,
NJ 08030). All applications must be picked up in person, and completed applications must be
turned in at Police Headquarters, 313 Monmouth Street, Gloucester City 08030