RESTORING ONE OF WOODBURY’S OLDEST HOMES: WORK IN PROGRESS!
WORC is currently funding the conversion of the historic Pillar House at the northwest corner of Franklin Street and East Barber Avenue formerly German Street).
One of Woodbury’s oldest homes, the structure dates back over 200 years.
It reportedly served as a hospital for wounded Hessians during the Revolutionary War after the battle of Red Bank on October 22, 1777.
In addition, it was an Inn and station where fresh horses were exchanged for tired ones when stagecoaches operated between intervening towns.
In modern times, A landlord capitalized on its deteriorating state and proceeded to divide it into three rental units - with no appreciation for its historical significance.
The restoration project will see this former Woodbury historical home refurbished into a single-family home. Look for the unveiling this year!
SOURCE OFFICE OF THE MAYOR