If you are one of those who is creative and innovative, T-shirt design may provide you with an outlet. If you are interested in graphic designing, illustrations, and typography, this article is for you. You may put the design on the T-shirt and make it look appealing. These days, youngsters are interested in bold prints and attractive designs. However, the process is not that easy. You require the best guidelines and tips for coming up with high-quality designs. T-shirt printing and graphics are not one-day phenomena. You have to continue practicing so that you can come up with attractive products.
Expert advice on highly appealing T-shirt designs
Not just T-shirts, designs on anything you carry attracts the attention of others. Your job is to explore the concept. Invest your time in thinking about what you want to convey through the design. There must be a reason behind the graphic. Hence, a brainstorming process is required. Going over the plan over and over is required. You cannot just straight away finalize one design. Exploring your creativity is not a one-day phenomenon. Hence, pay attention to the following points:
• Imagine the final look: First and foremost, you have to invest your time understanding the concept. After you are transparent with it, you have to imagine the last look on the T-shirt. When you have worked on the web and print, you have to spend your time on the final appeal. You have to knock a balance between the printed piece and web design. Only mocking the print on the T-shirt of a model will not do the job. The pen and paper approach plays a very significant role over here. You can draw the sketch and try to understand how it will look. Please place it in front of you and understand the natural feel. Ensure that the artwork gets visualized in actual size. Only then can you know the final look.
• Detailing on the T-shirt must be simple: At first, when you think about the design, there are myriad that may flutter in your mind. However, you must have a straightforward approach. People appreciate drawing ability and intricate details. When you try to put together different figures, there are chances you may go wrong. Hence, focus on one aspect at a time. Coming up with a masterpiece requires you to study every facet in detail. You have to devote your time to designing a classic T-shirt. When you keep the T-shirt simple, you can put across the message effectively. The philosophy behind a successful design is clarity of thought.
• Analyze the market: Since you are designing the T-shirt for hitting the market, you have to examine the market in detail. Whether you are creating for females or males, old or young, the section of the population becomes vital. Keep in mind that you cannot cater to everyone. You are designing products for a specific audience. You must have clarity about your customer base and thereby manufacture your product according to the specifics. Good quality brands are known for their appeal and customer services. If you want your product to do well in the market, you must be clear about who your customers are, what they require, what other brands are doing, and the like. Only then can you come up with highly competitive products.
• Do not focus too much on humor: Keeping the comedy subtle must be your focus. Humorous T-shirts do well in the market. However, low-quality and cheap jokes always do not go well with the audience. You cannot be too loud in your messages when playing with humor. Moreover, you may also hire print on demand for amazing and unique design T-shirts. Hence, keeping it subtle must be your focus. When working with jokes, you have to work correctly so that you do not harm anybody’s sentiments. After you have worked on the design, give a moment of thought to strike a good balance.
• Experiment with correct colors: Selecting the color looks very easy. However, it is the most tedious job to be done. You may select complementary colors which go well with the message and the overall appearance. You may also choose global colors as it may save you of boldness. Do not restrict your choices and allow yourself to perform experiments.
• The artwork is the backbone: You have to invest your time and effort in preparing the artwork. When you give your T-shirt for screen printing, give attention to every aspect. From the outline text to the color to the strokes to the figures, everything is significant. There are various tutorials you may explore. You may also take the assistance of Photoshop and illustrators available on the websites.
• Good printer: Sourcing a reliable and good printer must be your priority. When the design is artwork, you have to look for a printer who can do the job well. Go for reputable companies who can provide you with the work in time. You may also go for local screen printers only if you can ensure their trustworthiness. The sizes, weight, cost, labeling options, and other things need focus. All these will lead to the final price. Try to get in touch with different companies and get to know their terms and conditions. Go for those companies that are known for their credibility and professionalism.
Apart from this, you have to focus on the latest trend to stay ahead in the game. The T-shirt you have produced must not be outdated. Grab a look at what other designers are creating and what is performing well in the market. Understanding your client base and working will help you lead the game. Lastly, it would help if you gave your time to understand the context of your design. The subculture phenomenon needs crucial contemplation. Whether it's street art, skateboarding, music, or sports, you cannot ignore them. The final appearance and feel of the T-shirt are very significant. Go for a vintage T-shirt which is available in the market so that you can understand the trend.