Featuring Cycle Circus Live’s Death-Defying Stunts, Pirates of the Colombian
Caribbean’s High-Wire Acrobatics, Jurassic Kingdom’s Life-Like Dinosaurs
and Lots More, Happening June 18-July 11 at MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ – If you’re craving in-person entertainment this summer, State Fair Meadowlands is the place to be. New Jersey’s Great Escape has a blockbuster line up of world-class performers that will delight audiences of all ages. From cyclist daredevils and high-wire acrobats to magicians and life-like dinosaurs, this year’s fair has it all. It’s also an extra week this year, so you have even more time to enjoy it all. The Fair will take place at MetLife Stadium from June 18 - July 11, 2021. Parking is free!
“This year’s FREE entertainment continues to be a star attraction,” State Fair Meadowlands Vice President Al Dorso Jr. said. “There’s a reason we bring back perennial favorites such as Cycle Circus Live and Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean—they’re internationally known talent that continues to thrill crowds with their death-defying stunts and artistry. We’re also excited to bring in educational and entertaining acts like Jurassic Kingdom and new interactive acts like the Survivor Game Show. And of course, audiences of all ages flock here to see the Racing Pigs and Fireworks.”
This year’s Fair features a robust entertainment lineup, such as:
- Jurassic Kingdom (June 23- July 10) Step back in time to a million years ago and be amazed with these life-like dinosaurs. This puppet show allows audiences to interact with the dinosaurs throughout the entire performance; and provides an educational experience as well!
- Magic and Hypnosis Galore: Magician Jay Mattioli (June 18- June 27) Fan Favorite Jay Mattioli returns with his “Electrifying Magic.” Or, if you like your magic on the go, Artie Miller (Artie Miller - Strolling Magician) brings his act to you throughout the Fair (every weekend and June 30-July 4 and July 7-11).
- Ever been hypnotized before? The Steve Bayner Hypnotist Show (June 24- July 11) invites a group of people on-stage and then lulls them into a hysterical trance in real-time!
Acts you can catch for the entire duration of the Fair:
- Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean is a world-renowned family high-wire act. The drama of Good vs. Bad Pirates unfolds in wires suspended 30 feet in the air over the top of a giant pirate ship. The Sensational Murcias perform acrobats, tricks and sword fighting on a ½ steel cable that will leave you glued to your seat in suspense.
- Cycle Circus Live is the largest FMX Entertainment Show of its kind in the world. It stars world champion FMX cyclist daredevils who’ll amaze you with their stunts set to high tech pyrotechnics, music and lighting.
- More magic! Bob from The Magic of Bob Bohm presents magic, comedy and fun. Be invited on stage to be part of his baffling magic with live animals appearing from thin-air, people sawed in half and more.
- New this year is the Survivor Game Show. Think “Survivor” meets “Gilligan’s Island” in this interactive event in which silly challenges delight the audience.
- In Farmily Feud, Agricultural education becomes fun and entertaining. Teams are pitted against each other to test their knowledge of farming, farm animals and what comes from a farm. Expect laughs as teams compete in a silly skills quest to win the top farmer prize!
- Big Bee –the Transforming Robot Car: Fans of the movie “Transformers” will NOT want to miss this. Watch as the yellow and black “Bee” sports car transforms into a 15’ action robot.
- One of the Fair's most beloved attractions, the Racing Pigs, is returning from Florida. Watch the adorable oinkers as they race around the track for a tasty treat and first-place glory.
- Kid-favorite is the Educational Petting Zoo - N.J.’s largest traveling zoo in North America. Adults and children alike can get up and close with a myriad of animals from around the world (e.g. ponies, goats, llamas, donkey’s and more). Everyone can also saddle up and channel their inner cowboy or cowgirl for pony rides. Please note that these rides cost $5 and are not part of the Fun Pass.
- The Fourth of July Holiday would not be the same without a Spectacular FireworksDisplay visible from anywhere on the Fairgrounds, Saturday July 3 and Sunday July 4 (approximately 10:30 p.m.).
The Fairgrounds will also feature hundreds of heart-pounding rides and attractions for all ages including the largest Kiddie Land in New Jersey. This open-air event will follow all CDC, state and local guidelines. Event logistics are regularly evaluated for enhanced health and safety protocols. Please check our website for updates.
Spread over 35 acres, plus free parking, State Fair Meadowlands will be open on weeknights from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., (Opening Night Friday, 5p.m.-1a.m.) Fridays from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturdays from 2 p.m.-1 a.m. and Sundays from 2 p.m.- 12 a.m. Parking is free every day of the Fair. For people arriving or departing by Uber, follow signage for the drop off/pick-up location. Tickets must be purchased online in advance at www.njfair.com. Pricing information can be found at http://njfair.com/tickets/.
ABOUT THE STATE FAIR GROUP
The State Fair Group is dedicated to providing the best value in family entertainment. Established as a family-owned business in 1921, the State Fair Group has values that have remained the same as the fourth generation enters the family business. Our family and our team of managers share the vision of providing the highest quality service and products while maintaining traditional values and integrity, including a pledge to reduce the environmental impact of the Fair.
As Jersey’s largest single-family event, we strive to provide a fertile environment for innovation and creativity. State Fair Meadowlands is a place where families enjoy quality rides, plenty of free entertainment, exciting games and prizes, as well as a wide and diverse selection of delicious foods. There are a variety of activities to interest all ages. Careful planning and a concerted effort by all involved to develop and promote the Fair as a place where families may enjoy an exciting and affordable day of special activities is always our mission.