GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ(April 15, 2021)--The Facilities Director is an administrative and managerial position that is responsible for all functions for the daily operations of all buildings and grounds owned by the Gloucester City School District. The Facilities Director is responsible for ensuring the physical facilities and environment supports the educational mission of the School District.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills in a leader who oversees the implementation of all facilities projects
- Plans, organizes, manages and directs Facilities Manager’s. Managers are responsible for the daily management of custodial, grounds and maintenance staff.
- Develops and manages the budget for the Facilities Department; reviews budgetary cost estimates for the operation of the department and examines long-term operational needs against the more immediate financial and human resources needs.
- District point of contact for architects, engineers, contractors, NJSDA, NJDOE, State and County inspectors, Police and Fire Departments, City- Officials, Public Works and Construction office.
- Develops custodial bid supply list with Facilities Manager’s.
- Initiates and approves purchase orders for the Facilities Department.
- Conducts periodic inspections of buildings and grounds for conformance to established standards; indicates areas of improvement and suggests methods of approach for subordinate staff. Experienced in QSAC inspection and documentation development.
- Responds to constituents’ concerns and serves as the liaison to schools, central offices and community groups on matters related to the use of School District facilities.
- Administers and manages the preparation of action items and policies for Board of Education approval. Presents Facilities status at Board Of Education and Facilities Committee meetings.
- Serves as a key staff member on the district-wide Administrative Team and school opening committee
- Plans, organizes, and directs required training for employees.
- Uses executive judgment to solve problems and manage crises.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Oversee and coordinate small and large projects.
- Effectively manage facilities operations and staff to attain effective results.
- Use computer programs and applications, including Google Suite, to monitor, track, and maintain status. Experienced in HVAC computer control programs
- Analyze operational efficiency and to make recommendations for modifications as needed.
- Effectively represent the District in a professional manner and serve in a liaison capacity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Certified Educational Facilities Manager (CEFM) required
NJ Black Seal Boiler Operators License required
Valid NJ Driver's License required
Criminal History Background Check Required
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Management experience required
Salary based on experience
If you are interested, please send resume, coner letter, certificate(s), and professional references digitally to Mr. John Kenney, email@example.com
**Hard copies will not be accepted.**Posted Date4/15/2021Expiration Date 5/15/2021
EDITORS NOTE: SPACE FOR ADVERTISEMENT DONATED BY Gloucestercitynews.net