First-of-its-kind packages for guests of Breakwater Hotel, Cape Colony Inn and Truro Beach Cottages
Tickets also available for purchase by the public
The tour program, kicking off National Travel and Tourism Week and designed to give the 2021 tourist season a boost, is offered exclusively by Outer Cape Tours & Concierge Services (www.OuterCapeTours.com). Tours feature off-the-beaten-path day trips led by local scientists, actors, and writers, and are available throughout the season at Breakwater Hotel, Cape Colony Inn, and Truro Beach Cottages. Tours are also being offered to the public who can purchase tickets online.
Tours are organized by Ann Wood, Provincetown journalist and Director of Outer Cape Tours & Concierge Services. She says, “The whole family is welcome on most adventures, including leashed dogs. Eco-adventures are the perfect way to get fresh air, exercise, stay safe, learn interesting stories, and see the hidden beauty of the Outer Cape.” If hiking isn’t your thing, guests describe their interests and Wood’s Concierge Services directs them to activities distinctly Provincetown such as performances, gallery shows, fishing expeditions, and mountain bike trails and more.
Guests may choose from these tours led by local experts:
- ‘Unique Ecosystem: Nature in Action’ - Explore Outer Cape plants, animals and beach creatures with Dennis Minsky, biologist, educator, naturalist, expert birder and writer.
- ‘Pirates & Witches’ - Actor- writer-historian Sam Wood’s lore leads you to Cape Cod pirate lairs.
- ‘Walk the Dunes, Feel the Force’ - Geographer Brendan Felix or journalist-editor Ann Wood lead Star Wars fans through dunes areas resembling Luke Skywalker’s home planet – and more!
- ‘Bay Creatures Great & Small’ - Interactive outdoor adventure where all ages meet local creatures close-up, led by biologist Dennis Minsky.
- ‘Beech Forest’ – A Hike through Dunes, Ponds and Woodlands’ – oh my! Led by journalist Ann Wood. Enjoy lesser-trod paths in the area’s unique ecosystem.
Websites with hotel and reservation info for the three participating hotels operated by The Lexvest Group are: Breakwater Hotel, (www.breakwaterhotel.com) and Cape Colony Inn (www.capecolonyinn.com) in Provincetown, and Truro Beach Cottages, (www.trurobeachcottages.com). For more information about Outer Cape Tours & Concierge Services, visit www.OuterCapeTours.com or contact Ann Wood at email@example.com or (508) 413-3433, or visit the property websites.
By Stan Hurwitz / firstname.lastname@example.org