TRENTON (April 28, 2021) – The New Jersey Lottery headquarters building is temporarily closed effective immediately for cleaning due to a positive case of Covid-19. Operations will continue at the Lottery’s Business Continuity Site, which is designated as a back-up facility to ensure continuity of critical business functions in the event that Lottery Headquarters is ever closed or inaccessible for any reason.
Lottery staff will conduct tonight’s evening drawings at the Business Continuity Site, a secure environment. As always, the drawings will be monitored by an independent auditor.
The general public should be aware that:
- The drawings will be held at the Business Continuity Site.
- The drawings will still be conducted using mechanical ball machines and in accordance with standard lottery procedures.
- Drawings for games broadcast from the Business Continuity Site will not be broadcast or livestreamed. Those games include Pick-3, Pick-4, Jersey Cash 5, and CASH4LIFE.
- The drawing results will be posted to the website, mobile app and emailed to the VIP Club members as per standard operating procedure.
- The drawings will be videotaped for security purposes only.
The media and public are being apprised of the closure with this release and through our social media and other public-facing communication channels.
The Business Continuity Site is housed at a secure location away from Lottery Headquarters. A team of employees was designated as essential to operations and assigned functions at the Business Continuity Site. The Business Continuity Site facility houses key staff from all Lottery departments including the: Executive team, Administration and Compliance, Communications and Public Relations, Drawing, Finance, Operations, Security and Technology.