Two lanes will be closed on I-76 eastbound near the ramp
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight closure of the I-76 eastbound Exit 1B ramp to I-295 northbound and the closure of two lanes on I-76 eastbound in Camden County.
Beginning at 9 p.m. tonight, Thursday, April 8 until 6 a.m. tomorrow, Friday, April 9, NJDOT’s contractor, South State, Inc., is scheduled to close and detour the I-76 eastbound Exit 1B ramp to I-295 northbound. In addition, the two right lanes on I-76 eastbound near the ramp are scheduled to be closed, with three lanes of traffic maintained overnight. These closures will allow the contractor to restripe the ramp. The following detour will be in place overnight:
I-76 eastbound to I-295 northbound detour
- Motorists traveling on I-76 eastbound wishing to take I-295 northbound will be directed to continue on I-76 eastbound
- Stay right to merge on to Route 42 southbound
- Take Exit 14 towards CR 743/Creek Road/Bellmawr
- Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Harding Avenue
- Turn right onto Creek Road/CR 743
- Turn right onto Edgewood Avenue
- Turn right onto Leaf Avenue
- Take the ramp to Route 42 northbound
- Keep right and take Exit 1B to I-295 northbound towards Trenton
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information. For NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NewJerseyDOT and our Facebook page.