(Camden City, NJ) – Eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine is expanding, Governor Phil Murphy announced today. The expansion will make vaccinations available to a broader population including frontline essential workers and high-risk groups in New Jersey’s COVID-19 vaccination program. Eligible groups include educators and staff in pre-k through 12th grade settings, childcare workers, and transportation workers, among others.
“This is exciting news for our community, and we are extremely grateful for the patience and understanding of everyone who has waited for their turn during this unprecedented rollout,” said Camden County Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli, Jr. “We need everyone to get vaccinated as soon as they are eligible and able to secure an appointment. Camden County’s vaccination center has already administered more than 30,000 vaccinations, and we are prepared to continue welcoming patients into our facility for weeks and months to come.”
The following categories are eligible for vaccination:
• Educators, including support staff, in pre-K through 12th grade settings;
• Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings;
• Public and local transportation workers, including bus, taxi, rideshare, and airport employees; NJ TRANSIT workers; and Motor Vehicle Commission staff;
• Public safety workers who are not sworn law enforcement or fire professionals, including probation officers and fire safety inspectors;
• Migrant farmworkers;
• Members of tribal communities; and,
• Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters, including domestic violence shelters.
Additionally, beginning on Monday, March 29, frontline essential workers in the following categories are also eligible for vaccination:
• Food production, agriculture, and food distribution;
• Eldercare and support;
• Warehousing and logistics;
• Social services support staff;
• Elections personnel;
• Medical supply chain;
• Postal and shipping services;
• Clergy; and,
• Judicial system.
Additionally, the eligibility list will indicate that all individuals ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that increase the risk or might increase the risk of severe illness from the virus, are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information about eligibility, statewide vaccination site locations, and to preregister for
vaccination, visit https://covid19.nj.gov/vaccine
For more information on CDC criteria for eligibility, please click here.
For more information regarding the Camden County Vaccination Center, please visit CamdenCountyVaccine.com.