The Camden County Board of Commissioners, in a joint public health effort with Cooper University Health Care and Jefferson Health – New Jersey, will begin vaccinating individuals at the Camden County Vaccination Center located at Camden County College – Blackwood Campus. On-line scheduling is available now.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE. REVIEW ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE.
The New Jersey Department of Health, following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, has established a phased priority group process for administering the vaccine.
The State of New Jersey has expanded eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to several million more people in the state. The eligibility has been expanded to include Phase 1a and certain individuals in Phase 1b plus all the following:
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years old, who have at least one of the following chronic medical conditions that poses high-risk for severe COVID-19:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions (including heart failure, coronary artery disease, and cardiomyopathy)
- Obesity (BMI greater than 30)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type-2 diabetes
- Immunocompromised due to organ transplant (talk to your doctor)
- Pregnancy (talk to your doctor)
Individuals who fit into any of the above-listed categories are eligible and will have to register at a public vaccination site. For a full list of open vaccination sites throughout New Jersey, click here.
Anyone not currently in the expanded eligibility list will have the opportunity to sign up below to be notified when it will be your time to schedule your appointment.
Camden County Vaccination Center is administering the Moderna Vaccine, which requires 2 doses 28 days apart. The FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Moderna Vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in adults 18 years of age and older under the Emergency Use Authorization. We cannot vaccinate persons younger than 18 years of age at the Camden County Vaccination Center.
The N.J. Department of Health has developed phases for the distribution of all vaccines. In Phase 1, there are three priority groups in two broad categories (critical workers and vulnerable populations) allowed to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. When scheduling your appointment, you will be required to attest that you fall in the current authorized phase for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Phase 1a (healthcare workers, long-term care facility residents and certain individuals in Phase 1b)
- Phase 1b (front line essential workers and persons aged 75 years and up)
- Phase 1c (all other essential workers and persons aged 65-74, persons with medical conditions that increase risk for severe COVID-19 disease)
- Phase 2 (remainder of Phase 1 and other critical populations)
Location and Hours:
- Camden County College, 200 College Dr, Blackwood, NJ
- Papiano Gymnasium (Building 10 on Map, Use Parking Lot P10 & P14)
- Monday-Saturday, 8 AM to 4 PM
- Blackwood Campus Map: Click Here to Download
Scheduling Process Overview:
You will be able to schedule an appointment using a smartphone or computer. Each patient will need their own MyCooper account in order to schedule their appointment. If you do not already have a MyCooper account you can easily create one online. Your second dose appointment will be scheduled at the center while you are receiving your first vaccination.
IMPORTANT! Scheduling for the vaccine using the New Jersey Vaccination Scheduling System will not schedule you at the Camden County Vaccination Center at Camden County College. If you have registered through the New Jersey Vaccination Scheduling System (NJVSS), you MUST still schedule with Camden County to get your vaccination at the Camden County Vaccination Center at Camden County College.
- Step 1: Log in to or create your MyCooper account using your mobile device or computer.
- Step 2: Schedule your vaccine appointment from your MyCooper account.
- Step 3: eCheck-In is required to be completed prior to your appointment. This can be done up to 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Step 4: Arrive at location no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
For more detailed information about the COVID-19 Vaccine or definitions of critical workers and vulnerable populations, please visit the Camden County COVID-19 Vaccine Information page. If you are having difficulty scheduling your appointment online or you need to reschedule your second appointment, contact us by email at COVID19VaxCenter@camdencounty.com. Please continue to visit this page and CamdenCounty.com for updated information on our vaccination rollout. Information is changing frequently.
If you have any questions, reach out to the COVID-19 Vaccination Center Hotline at (856) 549-0530.
If you are not part of the current authorized phase for the COVID-19 Vaccination, please Click here and complete the form to be notified when your phase has started taking appointments.