TRENTON – The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission today announced that the Cherry Hill and Manahawkin Vehicle Centers are closed due to a single employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location.
Both Cherry Hill and Manahawkin will be closed until Thursday, Jan. 7. The employees who tested positive were last in the respective centers on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
Nine MVC Centers currently are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- Wayne Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- Rahway Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- East Orange Vehicle Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- North Bergen Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Lodi Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Flemington Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Cherry Hill Vehicle Center – Thursday, Jan. 7
- Manahawkin Vehicle Center – Thursday, Jan. 7
All MVC facilities, including agencies, will be closed Friday, Jan. 1, for the New Year’s Day holiday.
Customers are reminded that all MVC Vehicle Centers are open by appointment only, with no walk-ins allowed, while MVC Licensing Centers still accept walk-in customers for select transactions, including new licenses, permits, or non-driver IDs.
Appointments at Vehicle and Licensing Centers are scheduled 30 days in advance atNJMVC.gov. The MVC adds thousands of appointments each day, though they are subject to cancellation for COVID-19 reasons.
To best secure an appointment, customers are encouraged to check early in the morning and at multiple MVC locations.
Customers should always log on to NJMVC.gov to check the status of locations before visiting any MVC facility. Customers also can identify whether a transaction is available online, by appointment, or by walk-in using the “How do I…?” Cheat Sheet in the Quick Links on the MVC home page.