(December 14, 2020)--If you are in the gaming world and want to know how to start live streaming on Twitch, then it's time to check an ultimate guide that makes Twitch streaming for beginners quite effortless.
Things you Need for Live Streaming
Here is what you need before you go live on Twitch
Make a Twitch Account
First of all, you can register yourself on Twitch. You can't live stream on this platform without an account. Registration is a simple process; you can do it from your desktop or smartphone. First, agree to terms, and add your account details. On your mobile, you can use your mobile number to get registered and then add your email. Once your account setting completes, you can set up your profile by adding your name, short bio, a picture, or avatar.
From the Twitch dashboard, you need to familiarize yourself with Twitch streaming.
If you plan to go live from Xbox or Playstation, you won't have to worry about hardware because both consoles have powerful hardware to make your streaming experience quite enjoyable. However, when you are on your PC, you need to check what hardware you have on your PC. As far as the CPU of the PC is concerned, it should be quad-core to six-core.
As you will run a game, a PC must have a strong GPU with at least 4-6GB RAM. You will record your voice or commentary on the game; thereby, you need a microphone and a camera. So, invest in both accessories.
No matter how good your hardware or how expensive a broadcasting software is, if you don't have a proper internet connection, you can't go live on Twitch. A cable connection is often more stable than a wireless. However, choose one with fast connectivity and fewer data loss issues.
Once you know that you have powerful hardware, the next important thing is broadcasting software. It would help if you had premium software like XStream or VMix as they let you broadcast your gaming channel with lots of features.
How to start streaming on Twitch from PC
Here are simple steps.
- First of all, you need to create a setup. Check your microphone, camera, room background, and lighting. Everything should be working fine before you go live on Twitch.
- Run your broadcasting software.
- Start a game you want to stream on Your Twitch Channel.
- Now you would turn on the source "Window Recording," the image of your game transfer into broadcasting software.
- You can create and check scenes or overlays.
- Make sure your audio channels and the image is working fine.
- Now start your stream
How to go live on Twitch
- Download and install the Twitch Application
- Login to your account
- Tap on your profile button available in the upper left-hand corner.
- A screen will open where you can press the "Go Live" button.
- Make sure that the camera and microphones are working fine.
- Set up your stream before going live.
- Add a unique name to your stream.
- Choose the right category of your channel or stream from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the start stream button, and it's how you will be out online.
how to become a twitch streamer
After making an account, you can become a twitch streamer. Now you can watch live games or go live on this streaming platform. Create your channel and become a Twitch Streamer; it's that simple.
How to Do Twitch streaming audio setup
Many people are relying on OBS -Open Broadcaster Software to stream their videos on Twitch. You need to know how you would complete the Audio set up on Twitch.
- Start OBS
- Go to its Settings Menu
- Choose Audio from the menu.
- Now you can tell the software what kind of hardware like speakers, microphone, camera you have been using.
- Enable Push to talk or push to the mute setting for your selected audio hardware device.
Does it cost money to stream on Twitch?
No, it doesn't cost anything to stream on Twitch. Streaming your favorite games on Twitch is free.
How to make your twitch stream look good
Make sure your overlay has your webcam, webcam border, your branding as a logo. If you have some sponsorship, showcase it. The latest update like your followers, raids, subscribers, donations should be a part of the overlay. Set some alerts which can pop up. When it comes to setting the background, you can go with green but try other graphics and designs.
One of the easiest things to grab attention on Twitch is your Twitch Banner. You can pay some money to get a fantastic cover image. Designing your Twitch logo and banner by a designer would make your Twitch stream impactful.
When is the best time to stream on Twitch?
You want to get more eyes on your Twitch content, and it would be possible when you stream on Twitch at the best time. Many analyzers check Twitch Tools and Twitch trackers and conclude that the best times to stream on Twitch starts from 12 midnight and continue till 9 A.M. PST. During that time, a decent amount of the audience is there to watch live or video streams.