TRENTON – Freehold Licensing Center is closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has announced. Freehold Licensing Center will reopen Thursday, Dec. 17.
The employee who tested positive was last in the Freehold Center Wednesday, Dec. 2.
Freehold Inspection Station remains open, as it is separate from the Licensing Center.
Eleven other MVC Centers currently are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- West Deptford Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, Dec. 8
- Salem Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, Dec. 8
- Cherry Hill Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 9
- Medford Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec 12
- Springfield Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Randolph Licensing Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Eatontown Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, Dec. 15
- Trenton Regional/Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Flemington Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- North Bergen Licensing Center – reopens Thursday, Dec. 17
In order to protect customers and employees, the MVC follows strict quarantine rules in the case of confirmed exposure to COVID-19. As cases surge nationwide, more Centers may be closed and appointments canceled due to those quarantines.
Safety and public health remain paramount. The MVC apologizes for the inconvenience.
Any appointments that are canceled due to a COVID-19 closure must be rescheduled atNJMVC.gov. Customers are notified by email when their appointment has been canceled.
Customers should log on to NJMVC.gov before heading out to an MVC facility to check the status of MVC locations. Recent changes at the MVC mean only a few transactions require an in-person visit to an MVC Center. At the website, customers can find quick links for up-to-date information, complete transactions like license and registration renewals online, make appointments for license and vehicle transactions, and much more.