TRENTON – Toms River Licensing Center is closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19, and will reopen Tuesday, Dec. 22, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has announced.
The employee who tested positive was last in the Toms River Center Monday, Dec. 7.
Nine other MVC Centers currently are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- Medford Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Springfield Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Randolph Licensing Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Eatontown Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, Dec. 15
- Trenton Regional/Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Flemington Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- North Bergen Licensing Center – reopens Thursday, Dec. 17
- Freehold Licensing Center – reopens Thursday, Dec. 17
Cherry Hill Vehicle Center will be reopening tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 9, and fully operational after quarantine closing and full COVID-19 cleaning.
As previously announced, Newton Vehicle Center will be open by appointment only until Monday, Dec. 14.
In order to protect customers and employees, the MVC follows strict quarantine rules in the case of confirmed exposure to COVID-19. As cases surge nationwide, more Centers may be closed and appointments canceled due to those quarantines.
Safety and public health remain paramount. The MVC apologizes for the inconvenience.
Any appointments that are canceled due to a COVID-19 closure must be rescheduled atNJMVC.gov. Customers are notified by email when their appointment has been canceled.
Customers should log on to NJMVC.gov before heading out to a facility for the latest updates on MVC operations, to find alternative locations to visit, to complete online transactions like license and registration renewals, and to make appointments for license and vehicle transactions. Customers also can follow the MVC on Twitter (@NJ_MVC), Facebook (NewJerseyMVC), and Instagram (njmvc) for regular news and updates.