(CNBNews)(December 29, 2020)--From one magnanimous win to another, the gambling community periodically hears about these lucky punters and their massive wins. Whether it’s due to the ever-exciting commotion around gambling wins or curiosity in general, the biggest video slot wins are a never-exhausting topic in most forums.
On that note, here are ten of the biggest slot machine wins of all time. If you’re itching to try your hands at online pokies, we also recommend you to find a reputable casino.
10 Largest Video Slot Payouts Ever Recorded
- $12.7 Million – Having cousins surely paid off for an anonymous woman who struck gold while wagering on her niece’s birthday at the Aria Resort on the Las Vegas Boulevard. The winning came off of a 6-coin ($6) bet and was so unexpected that her niece had to explain the reality of the situation.
- $13 Million – A university student in Norway decided to try his luck at the Betsson sports section. However, instead of the usual sports wagers, he decided to utilize a few of his free spins granted at the time of registration. The decision paid off as he won $13,152,497.31 playing NetEnt’s Mega Fortune.
- $16 Million – Microgaming’s Mega Moolah has a reputation for handing out large payouts consistently, and 26-year-old Jon Heywood of the British Armed Forces experienced it first-hand. The lucky punter won $16,547,652 on a 25 pence wager.
- $21 Million – Age is not a criterion when gambling and a 92-year-old WWII veteran proved it not once but twice. Elmer Sherwin won $4.6 million on the Megabucks slot at a random stop in Las Vegas, decided to travel the world, and returned to Vegas as a slot lover only to win the $21 million jackpot.
- $21 Million – A 49-year-old anonymous punter’s visit to Caesar casino in Vegas proved its worth when a $10 wager on Megabucks triggered $21,346,952. Although unconfirmed, reports suggest the man struck gold on his very first spin. Talk about being lucky!
- $22 Million – 74-year-old Johanna Huendi took home a whopping $22,618,156 in 2002 while spinning the reels at Megabucks. She decided to settle down for a few spins while breakfast was being served. It turned out to be perhaps the best decision of her life.
- $24 Million – A 40-year-old Finnish poker player turned a 25-cent bet into $24 million on Mega Fortune. The man was known at the Scandinavian online casino as an exclusive poker player. His identity remains unknown.
- $27.5 Million – Ever heard of happy accidents? Apparently, a retired flight attendant had one and not how you’re imagining. The lucky punter
bet $300 instead of $100 on Megabucks on a visit to the Palace Station and was rewarded with the $27.5 Million jackpot.
- $34.9 Million – This one is rather tragic. Cynthia Jay-Brennan won $34.9 million at the Desert Inn Casino at Megabucks. But barely one month after the incident, she met with a major accident that left her paralyzed from the chest down and took her sister’s life.
10. $39 Million – The highest win in video slot history went to a 25-year-old software engineer from Los Angeles who decided to try his luck at the Excalibur Casino. And surprisingly enough, it was Megabucks that changed the young man’s life!