Trenton – Senate President Steve Sweeney and Senators Nicholas Scutari and Sandra Cunningham will meet virtually with legal experts and social justice advocates for a Marijuana Legalization & Social Justice Roundtable on Monday, November 30, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. The discussion will focus both on marijuana legalization legislation that was approved by the Senate Budget Committee and on the cannabis decriminalization bill that passed the full Senate last week.
The forum is open to the public and can be viewed live on the Senate Democrats Facebook page at https://fb.me/e/LkCkOBjO.
The panel includes:
- Senate President Steve Sweeney
- Senator Nicholas Scutari
- Senator Sandra Cunningham
- Joseph Krakora, New Jersey State Public Defender
- Richard Todd Edwards, Political Action Chair, NAACP New Jersey State Conference
- Kimberly Yonta, President of the NJ State Bar Association
- Christian Estevez, Education and Training Coordinator, New Jersey State AFL-CIO
An op-ed by Senator Scutari, entitled “The bill legalizing cannabis has always been about social justice,” appeared today on NJ.com. It can be accessed at https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/11/sen-scutari-the-bill-legalizing-cannabis-has-always-been-about-social-justice-opinion.html