TRENTON – The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has announced that the Wayne and Lodi Licensing Centers are closed, due to a single employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location.
The Wayne Licensing Center will be closed until Friday, November 27. The employee who tested positive was last in the Wayne Center on Thursday, November 12.
The Lodi Licensing Center will be closed until Thursday, December 3. The employee who tested positive was last in the Lodi Center on Tuesday, November 17.
In addition to Wayne and Lodi, seven other MVC Centers remain closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location, and will reopen on the following dates:
- Trenton Regional/Vehicle Center – reopens Monday, November 23
- Rahway Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, November 24
- Bayonne Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, November 25
- Wallington Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, November 25
- Lakewood Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, November 28
- Flemington Vehicle Center – reopens Monday, November 30
- Delanco Licensing Center – reopens Monday, November 30.
The Eatontown Regional/Licensing Center will be reopening tomorrow, November 20, and fully operational after quarantine closing and full COVID-19 cleaning.
The South Plainfield Licensing Center will continue to operate on an appointment-only basis tomorrow, November 20. No walk-ins will be allowed.
South Plainfield will be closed Saturday, November 21, as Saturday employees are required to quarantine. South Plainfield will then return to full operations Monday, November 23.
Customers should log on to NJMVC.gov before heading out to an MVC facility for the latest updates on MVC operations, to find alternative locations to visit, to complete online transactions like license and registration renewals, and to make appointments for select license and vehicle transactions. Customers also can follow the MVC on Twitter (@NJ_MVC), Facebook (NewJerseyMVC), and Instagram (njmvc) for regular news and updates.