(SEPTEMBER 19, 2020)--There is no end of stress in human life. Whether you are appearing for an interview, about to sit for an exam, having a personal problem or financial crisis, the body responds to all the stress in your life in the form of anxiety.
Anxiety is the constant feeling of worry and apprehension regarding what is about to happen.
If anxiety is prolonged, it can interfere with your daily routine.
The various symptoms of anxiety are:
- Panic Attacks
- Troubled Sleep
- Constant Feeling of Uneasiness
Although anxiety is self-diagnosable, it can be treated by a medical expert by counselling or medications.
However, the process takes time. Your doctor will get a better idea about the root causes of your anxiety and treat it after weeks of counselling sessions.
What is CBD?
CBD is a phytocannabinoid that can be obtained from two varieties of the cannabis sativa plant which are hemp and marijuana.
It is among the 113 identified cannabinoids. It is also regarded as an integral component of medical marijuana.
CBD is the second most abundant chemical found in cannabis and does not cause any psychoactive intoxication like its cousin THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol.
How to take CBD?
All over the world, CBD is being made readily available in the last couple of years.
For instance, there are CBD lattes in various cafes, relaxing CBD spas available at some salons, lotions with CBD oil for better skin and health and so on.
However, the reason for consumption of Cannabidiol can determine the method of administration.
Some people prefer CBD creams and ointments to get relief from muscle, joint and ligament pain.
Vape pens are also quite popular in the market. There are many CBD edible options like gummies, capsules, tinctures and baked items to deal with a number of conditions like anxiety, stress, depression and pain.
When choosing a CBD product it is best to go for safe and known brands like Medterra instead of visiting your local stores for CBD products.
As some local brands may consist of illegal amounts of THC(more than 0.3% by dry weight) in the CBD products, which can hamper your brain activity and cause hallucinatory effects.
Although WHO has declared hemp-derived CBD to be safe for some purposes, its specific amount that is suitable for a certain condition has not been determined yet.
Therefore if you are new to the world of CBD its better at first to take it slow. Start with small doses or as recommended by your physician and gradually increase the amount according to your body needs.
Make sure to stick to the recommended doses of various CBD products to avoid unnecessary side effects.
If you are undergoing any drug treatment or taking any medications like antidepressants, immune suppressors or blood thinners, consult your doctor before using CBD because the ingredients may interact and may affect your body negatively.
How Does CBD Help in Treating Anxiety?
CBD is an excellent solution to manage symptoms of anxiety disorder.
According to Dr. Green: “It regulates the nervous system thus preventing the body from entering into a “fight or flight” state. This calms and relaxes you. There are multiple studies that show CBD can stimulate the neurotransmitter systems and neural regeneration to help the person cope with anxiety.``
Incorporating CBD in your anxiety treatment plan can help you in the following ways:
- To control the psychological symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder such as increased heart rate and palpitation, CBD is quite helpful. A research study published in 2014 revealed that CBD has anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties.
- If you have social anxiety disorder, using CBD can help to bring about a positive change to the condition. According to the results of a medical study conducted in 2010, the anxiolytic properties of CBD were confirmed which would help to reduce the symptoms of social anxiety disorder in people.
- Cannabidiol has also been noted as a therapeutic agent for providing relief from the symptoms of post traumatic syndrome disorder (PTSD). It is a chronic psychological condition that develops as a result of a horrific past experience, very commonly noticed among military veterans.
By influencing the body’s Endocannabinoid system, CB1 receptors regulate the emotions and help the patient to maintain homeostasis.
- People suffering from obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) can also benefit from using CBD oil. The neuro-epileptic effects of CBD are seen to decrease the severity of obsessive and compulsive behaviour in people.
- The anti-anxiety properties of CBD can also be helpful to deal with panic attacks. The activities of the limbic and paralimbic areas of the brain are affected by CBD receptors that are responsible for regulating fear and emotions. The efficacy of CBD to treat panic disorders has been proven in clinical trials successfully.
CBD can help in managing symptoms of chronic inflammation conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, vascular inflammation etc.
Upon applying CBD oil on the skin, the pain caused by inflammation is significantly reduced.
Neuropathic and inflammatory pain are the two most difficult types of chronic pain to treat. CBD impacts the activity of the Endocannabinoid receptors and interacts with the neurotransmitters to inhibit the pain.
Other than that, CBD can also be helpful if you are dealing with gastritis because of chronic nausea. It has nausea-relieving properties that can be effective to decrease the frequency of vomiting which, in turn, would keep your stomach lining intact.
Patients taking painkillers can also switch to CBD instead as it is a more efficient and safer alternative.
CBD is a popular natural remedy, being used for various ailments for a few years. It has all the beneficial properties of marijuana sans the psychedelic effects.
Due to its non-hallucinatory properties it is a much safer choice instead of marijuana to treat common to severe diseases.
CBD does have a calming and relaxing effect on your mind and body and can negate the high cause by THC by blocking THC from binding to the receptors of the ECS system.
Hemp-derived CBD consisting of less than 0.3% of THC has been made legal at the federal level in the USA. Although different states in the USA still adhere to their different state laws so be sure to check them before buying any CBD products.
For Further Reading