Post-graduate opportunity furthers diversity
in the game and business of golf
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (Aug. 25, 2020) - PGA Foundation, Inc. d/b/a PGA REACH, the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America, in conjunction with 11 PGA Sections, announces the 2020 class for the PGA WORKS Fellowship.
The PGA WORKS Fellowship aspires to be the most valuable entry-level opportunity for individuals from diverse backgrounds to gain experience in all facets of the golf industry.
Established in 2017, the PGA WORKS Fellowship is a grant program facilitating nine- to 12-month paid positions for recent college graduates. The primary responsibilities of this year’s class of 11 PGA WORKS Fellows are to support and execute philanthropic initiatives and player development programs for the charitable foundation of their respective PGA Section. This includes assisting with marketing and communications activities, as well as special events for PGA HOPE and junior golf initiatives, such as PGA Jr. League and Drive, Chip & Putt.
As part of the mission of PGA WORKS, the Fellows are encouraged to continue their journey into a career in golf following their fellowship. To date, past Fellows have worked for and/or continue to work at GOLFTEC, The Honda Classic, Westchester Country Club, The First Tee and The Club at the Strand, among others. Additionally, several Fellows have gone on to work full-time in PGA Section offices throughout the country.
“PGA WORKS is a deliberate effort to diversify the golf industry’s workforce so it becomes more reflective of the consumers the golf industry collectively aspires to attract,” said PGA WORKS Program Specialist Rachel Mabee. “Our mission is to inspire individuals from all backgrounds to pursue the exciting career opportunities the golf business offers.”
The 2020 Class of PGA WORKS Fellows includes:
- Cameron Dinkins - Greensboro, N.C., North Carolina A&T State University, Gateway PGA Section
- Tasita Garcia - Cleveland, Jackson State University, Middle Atlantic PGA Section
- Stanley Garrant - Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Saint Peter’s University, Metropolitan PGA Section
- Jonathan Godsey - Saint Clair Shores, Mich., Southern New Hampshire University, Michigan PGA Section
- Max Hecker - Las Vegas, University of San Francisco, Northern California PGA Section
- Brettan Hill - Cincinnati, University of Cincinnati, Southern Ohio PGA Section
- Danielle Nicholson - Akron, Ohio, University of Akron, Northern Ohio PGA Section
- Leilyn Nowaczynski - Union Grove, Wis., University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Wisconsin PGA Section
- Richard Praszkier - Louisville, Ky., University of Louisville, Indiana PGA Section
- Jose Renderoskieffer - Edison, N.J., Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey PGA Section
- Hope Warkoczeski - Plymouth, Mich., Central Michigan University, Western New York PGA Section
Established in 2017, the PGA WORKS Fellowship has been offered at 12 PGA Sections across the country: Carolinas, Gateway, Indiana, Metropolitan, Michigan, Middle Atlantic, New Jersey, Northern California, Northern Ohio, South Florida, Southern Ohio, Western New York and Wisconsin.
For more information on PGA WORKS, visit PGAREACH.org.
About PGA WORKS
PGA WORKS is a strategic initiative designed to diversify the golf industry’s workforce. Funded as one of the pillars of PGA REACH, the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America, PGA WORKS leverages fellowships, scholarships, career exploration events, and the PGA WORKS Collegiate Championship to inspire and engage talent from all backgrounds to pursue key employment positions across the golf industry. For more information, visit PGAREACH.org.
About PGA REACH
PGA Foundation, Inc. d/b/a PGA REACH is the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America. The mission of PGA REACH is to positively impact the lives of youth, military and diverse populations by enabling access to PGA Professionals, PGA Sections and the game of golf. For more information, visit PGAREACH.org and follow @PGAWORKS on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
About the PGA of America
The PGA of America is one of the world’s largest sports organizations, composed of nearly 29,000 PGA Professionals who daily work to grow interest and inclusion in the game of golf. For more information about the PGA of America, visit PGA.comand follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.