(Gloucestercitynews.net)(July 23,2020)--According to the World Health Organization road traffic statistics, approximately 1.35 million die each year from road accidents. Road accidents are disastrous, leaving many victims hospitalized and properties damaged. Depending on the amount of collision, victims can suffer varying degrees of injuries ranging from bruises to broken body parts.
It is important to seek medical attention after an accident. However, if the injuries are minor, then there is no need to see a doctor. Nevertheless, it is still vital that you check your health status. Not all injuries show immediate symptoms. A doctor will determine if you are medically fine or not.
The Importance Of Seeking Medical Help
“Should I go to the hospital after a traffic collision?” you may ask. It is important to seek medical help after an accident because health comes first. Avoiding medical attention can worsen an injury and increase the time it would take to heal. Additionally, the opposing insurance company can use it against you, as they are more concerned about their finances.
Failure to get medical attention will boost the claim that the victim was not injured or the injuries were not a result of the accident.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Cuts - Many car accidents are not without flying glass, metal parts, and debris that can cause minor or severe cuts.
- Burns - During an accident, some vehicle fuel parts are bound to break or crack, resulting in fuel leakage and ignition. In such cases, victims can suffer various degrees of burns, including friction burns.
- Scarring And Disfigurement - Cuts and burns can permanently scar and disfigure car accident victims.
- Fractures - Collision often has an impact on the victim’s body, which can lead to single or multiple fractures. These injuries require surgeries and time to heal.
- Soft tissue damage - Some body areas susceptible to such injuries include the muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Loss Of Limbs - Severe impact during an accident can lead to instant amputation of one’s body parts. In other cases, a body part may be severely affected that the only solution is surgical amputation.
Other injuries include spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, internal organ damage, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Some of these injuries show immediate or visible symptoms and others don’t. Endeavour to seek medical care.
How A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Residents in Houston who have been involved in car accidents can consult a Houston traffic collision lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring this lawyer can help you get medical treatment and full compensation. However, the first priority is to ensure that you are fine medically before proceeding with the traffic collision case.
A car accident lawyer will always stand up for your rights and defend you against other insurance companies. In no time, you will get back on track again. Do not hesitate to contact a lawyer after a traffic collision. Some attorneys provide free consultations and can be reached anytime.
images courtesy of unsplash.com