Atlantic City, N.J. (July 2, 2020) – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City will reopen under new and thorough Safe + Sound program guidelines to help ensure good clean fun at the resort destination Thursday, July 2, 2020, at 6 a.m.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City Safe + Sound Reopening Plan & Protocols has been developed in accordance with guidelines provided by Hard Rock International and adopts the Atlantic City Casino Industry's Summary Plan of Proposed Reopening Protocols in order to make the best possible efforts to provide a safe and secure environment. The new and stringent protocols also adhere to the directives from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. The Plan has received approval from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- To ensure safety of guests and employees, a Safe + Sound Clean Team will focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex with a special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas. They will be clearly visible with a lime green “Clean Team” uniform.
- Safe + Sound customer service representatives will be available to assist guests with any questions or concerns.
- All guests and team members will be required to wear masks, cloth face coverings, or a face shield. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- There will be six entry points into the property. Thermal imaging provided by UNITY and CERTIFY’s SnapXT will monitor the number of guests entering the property and take the temperature of all guests and team members. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will be escorted to a designated area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Those found to have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater after the temporal screening will not be permitted to enter the property.
- The casino floor capacity will be scaled back to 25%.
- More than 200 hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in all high-traffic, high-visibility areas such as key guest and team member entrances and contact areas.
- Due to occupancy restrictions, guests must be 21 years of age or older to visit Hard Rock Atlantic City unless they have a hotel or restaurant reservation.
- The property has purchased more than 1,000 new air filters that will frequently be replaced in common areas throughout the building with 100% outside air flow into the building to increase the quality of air circulation.
- The air quantity within Hard Rock Atlantic City provides approximately 10 to 12 air changes per hour, maximizing the exchange of fresh air.
- Wild Card Rewards Members receive complimentary self-parking seven days a week.
- Valet and self-parking will be available.
- Enhanced sanitation measures will be taken at valet including PPE for valet attendants and wipe downs of steering wheels and keys.
- The gaming floor will be limited to 25% occupancy.
- Social distancing will be enforced on the gaming floor by limiting the number of playable slot machines, gaming tables, and seats at each table.
- Plexiglass will be installed in the following areas: Front Desk, Cage, Wild Card Services, Sportsbook and select Table Games.
- Guests will be required to maintain two vacant positions between slot machines and table games played unless related or together in a group. Limited occupancy based on game configuration will take place to allow for social distancing.
- Each table game will require casino guests to sanitize upon playing.
- Slot Attendants will proactively sanitize machines throughout their shift.
- Earned Comp Dollars and earned Free Play will remain available through Sept. 7, 2020. The tier earning period has been extended to Dec. 31, 2020.
- Players will maintain their current tier status until the end of the year or elevate to a higher tier level based on earnings for the balance of the year.
- Double Tier Points will be offered each day effective July 2, 2020, through Aug. 31, 2020, and a 2:1 Comp Dollars to Free Play conversion will be offered during specified dates.
Food & Beverage
- Outdoor dining will be available at Hard Rock Beach Bar, Hard Rock Cafe, and Sugar Factory
- Take-out options to be consumed outside off-property on the world-famous Atlantic City Boardwalk will be available from Hard Rock Cafe, YOUYU Noodle Bar, Sugar Factory, and the Flavor Tour’s six concepts including: Chop & Toss Salad Company, The Green Bar, Burger & Hops, Asian Fusion, Pizata, and Alexia’s Patisserie.
- Take out and room service including limited menus from Hard Rock Cafe and YOUYU Noodle Bar will be available for hotel guests.
- Effective Monday, July 6, 2020, Hard Rock Atlantic City’s brand-new restaurant Fish & Co. and the Balcony Bar will be available exclusively to hotel guests.
- Restaurant hours can be found at www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com
- Resort fees will be waived for all guests
- Body Rock fitness center and the pool will remain closed. A $7 resort fee credit will be issued to account for the closures.
- The Rock Spa & Salon will safely be open for full-service treatments, by appointment only.
- As an iconic regional destination, the resort will offer summer rates starting at $79.
- Governor Murphy issued a travel advisory mandating those who are from or have recently visited one of the 16 states including: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah to adhere to a 14-day self-quarantine. Guests who are from or have recently visited one of these states will have their reservation updated to an appropriate future date based on availability.
- Hotel rooms will be available at 75% occupancy.
Team Member Information
- Hard Rock Atlantic City will bring back the majority of its team members and has created approximately 80 incremental jobs to increase cleanliness and safety enhancements.
- Displaced employees have been reassigned to be part of the Safe + Sound Clean Team.
- All team members will receive general health and hygiene training on COVID-19 sanitization protocols followed by a comprehensive position-specific training on new Standard Operating Procedures.
- All team members will be required to answer a health questionnaire prior to returning to work and before entering the property daily.
- Protective equipment will be provided to team members whose responsibilities require them as determined by health officials.