This past week, we continued to fight back against COVID-19 and worked hard to decrease the number of cases and deaths here in South Jersey. I am confident we will get through this unprecedented crisis, if we continue to work together.
I want to take a minute to provide you all with an update on what I have been doing both in South Jersey and back in Washington.
Child Care is Essential
This week, I sponsored the Child Care is Essential Act, legislation that will help child care providers withstand the pandemic, so that they may continue providing an essential service to working families.
Earlier this week, I joined Camden County officials to update residents on COVID-19, including information regarding the path forward to reopening and congressional action. To watch our virtual town hall, click here.
Workers Need Standards
Yesterday, the Education and Labor Workforce Protections Subcommittee heard from representatives from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). During the hearing, Members continued to push for strong workplace standards to keep workers healthy and safe. To watch the full hearing, click here.
Improving the Paycheck Protection Program
Yesterday, we in the House of Representatives voted to approve the bipartisan Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act, which extends the program that was originally created by Congress in the CARES Act in April and makes it more accessible for the small businesses that need it the most.
For more information on the PPP, visit SBA.gov.
- The New Jersey Government has a COVID-19 website with live updates and resources here.
- All residents with questions or concerns about COVID-19 and resources available to them can call 2-1-1. NJ 211 is New Jersey’s statewide, comprehensive, information and referral service operated by United Ways of New Jersey.
- Residents call also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive text information and stay informed. To receive live text assistance, residents can text their zip code to 898-211.
- The Center for Disease Control has a resource page here.
- My office has a resource page here.
- Make sure to follow me on Facebook and Twitter, and visit my website for updates.
- To receive updates from my office, sign up here.
It is an honor to serve this community and we will get through this, together.
Member of Congress