As we continue to fight back against the COVID-19 outbreak and do our part in flattening the curve by social-distancing, we must not neglect our small businesses.
Small businesses employ and support countless families and play a crucial role in the economic, social and cultural fabric of our community. We must do everything we can to help them get through this difficult time and back on their feet once we have weathered this storm.
Answering Your Questions
Earlier today, I went live on Facebook with the New Jersey Small Business Administration District Director Alfred Titone, the Southern New Jersey Development Council Vice President Jane Asselta and Camden County Freeholder Director Lou Cappelli to update residents on COVID-19 and discuss the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
We discussed how the SBA’s Payroll Protection Program has already approved over $59 billion for 17,187 New Jersey businesses through the CARES Act, and how Congress plans to provide more relief going forward.
To watch the full event, click here.
Resources for Small Businesses
- My office has a page for Small Business Owners & Lenders here and a Small Business Owners resource guide to the CARES Act here.
- The House Small Business Committee has a compilation of resources for small businesses navigating federal relief programs here.
- The New Jersey Government has the following resources available:
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has a Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources page here.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has a small business resource guide here.
- The U.S. Department of Treasury has a guide to the CARES Act here.
- The New Jersey Department of Health has a coronavirus information page here.
- All residents with questions or concerns about COVID-19 and resources available to them can call 2-1-1. NJ 211 is New Jersey’s statewide, comprehensive, information and referral service operated by United Ways of New Jersey.
- Residents call also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive text information and stay informed. To receive live text assistance, residents can text their zip code to 898-211.
- The Center for Disease Control has a resource page here.
- My office has a resource page here and a resources toolkit here.
- Please make sure to follow me on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our website for updates.
- To receive updates from my office, sign up here.
It is an honor to serve this community and we will get through this, together.
Member of Congress