Visitors Can See The Flower Show, Celebrate Black History Month & More on February 29 & March 1, 2020
Saturday, February 29, 2020 is Leap Day, and to celebrate the once-every-four-years occasion, VISIT PHILADELPHIA® has partnered with Megabus to offer $2.29 fares from New York and Washington, DC to Philadelphia. A limited number of $2.29 fares will also be available for departures from Philadelphia on Sunday, March 1, 2020. The deal is bookable here.
Those who take advantage of the offer can partake in the expected (Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks, Rocky steps) and the unexpected (public art, breweries galore, tax-free clothing shopping) fun in Philadelphia. They can:
- Celebrate the last day of Black History Month at the African American Museum in Philadelphia at Belmont Mansion, Johnson House Historic Site, Mother Bethel A.M.E. and National Marian Anderson Museum, to name a few.
- Enjoy the first day of PHS Philadelphia Flower Show.
- See Hello Dolly! at the Academy of Music.
- Experience the Selma and suffrage exhibits at the Brandywine Museum of Art.
- Spend the night in Philadelphia by booking the perks-packed Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name and our mission. As the region’s official tourism marketing agency, we build Greater Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and boost the economy.
On Greater Philadelphia’s official visitor website and blog, visitphilly.comand uwishunu.com, visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, interactive maps and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Visit Philly social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into the Independence Visitor Center for additional information and tickets.