DOVER, Del. – A Smyrna man was arrested Feb. 25 on drug charges following a traffic stop and vehicle search in Dover conducted by the Delaware Natural Resources Police - Environmental Crimes Unit, in which officers seized as evidence 322 grams of marijuana, 66 Xanax pills, $1,225 in cash, a digital scale, and drug packaging materials.
Andrew Burns, 23, was charged with one count of each of the following:
- Manufacture/deliver/possession with intent to deliver controlled substance Tier 2 quantity
- Manufacture/deliver/possession with intent to deliver controlled substance
- Possession of controlled substance Tier 2 quantity
- Possession of controlled substance Tier 1 quantity
- Conspiracy second degree – agreement to engage in felony criminal conduct
- Possession of drug paraphernalia not related to personal use quantity marijuana
- Failure to have insurance identification in possession
- Operation of an unregistered motor vehicle
- Display of license plate
- Unsafe passing on the left
- Duty to sign and carry driver’s license
Burns was arraigned via video phone in Justice of the Peace Court 2 and released on his own recognizance, pending a court date.
Delawareans are encouraged to report environmental violations to DNREC’s Natural Resources Police Environmental Crimes Unit by calling the 24-hour environmental complaints line at 800-662-8802.