FOLSOM, NJ, December 11, 2019 – Today South Jersey Gas, a subsidiary of South Jersey Industries (NYSE: SJI), announced the winners of its annual First Responders Grant Program. This year, seven grants totaling over $30,000 were awarded to local first responder departments.
“At South Jersey Gas we’re proud to support the hardworking, dedicated first responders who serve our communities every day,” said Dave Robbins, president of South Jersey Gas. “We are proud to partner with this year’s winners and support their continued efforts to make out neighborhoods better, safer places to live and work.”
The 2019 First Responders Grant Program recipient departments and projects include:
- Deptford Fire Department – to purchase combustible gas detection equipment and a gas monitoring meter.
- Egg Harbor City Fire Department – to purchase protective hoods and gloves.
- Heislerville Volunteer Fire Company – to purchase protective fire helmets and hoods.
- Reliance Fire Company – to purchase SCBA masks and cylinders.
- Runnemede Fire Company No. 1 – to purchase protective hoods.
- Tabernacle Fire Company No. 1 – to purchase a thermal imaging camera and a gas monitoring meter.
- Woodbine Volunteer Fire Department – to support the purchase of a dual-band radio.
Through the First Responders Grant Program, South Jersey Gas provides critical support to help operations, improve safety measures and/or provide training at local first responder departments. With applications from first responder departments that serve municipalities across the utility’s service area, South Jersey Gas conducts a thorough and competitive selection process to determine the grant recipients.
The First Responders Grant Program will be offered again in Fall 2020. Program information is available on the South Jersey Gas website at: southjerseygas.com/community.
About South Jersey Gas
South Jersey Gas, subsidiary of SJI (NYSE:SJI), delivers safe, reliable, affordable natural gas and promotes energy efficiency to approximately 385,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, and portions of Gloucester, Burlington and Camden counties in New Jersey. For more information, visit southjerseygas.com.