On Thursday, December 5th. the annual Gloucester City Christmas Parade will begin on Johnson Blvd. at Monmouth Street at 6:00 pm. The parade will proceed west on Monmouth Street to King Street. In order to accommodate the parade, the following road closures will be in place from 5:30 pm until 9:00 pm. Roads will be reopened earlier, as safety permits:
- Monmouth St. closed from Johnson Blvd. to King St.
- Johnson Blvd. closed between Frances and Bergen Sts.
- Brown St. closed between Somerset and Bergen Sts.
- East Brown St. between Frances and Somerset Sts. closed to westbound traffic only (towards Somerset St.) Eastbound traffic traveling from Somerset towards Frances will be open.
- N. Railroad Ave. at Monmouth St.
- S. Railroad Ave. at Bergen St.
- Champion Rd. at Somerset St.
- Sussex St. between Somerset and Monmouth Sts.
- Burlington St. between Bergen and Monmouth Sts.
The following parking restrictions will be in place from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm:
- Monmouth St. (both sides) between Johnson Blvd. and King St.
- Johnson Blvd. (both sides) between Frances and Hudson Sts.
- King St. (both sides) between Hudson and Monmouth Sts.
Signs will be posted and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation.