Using Elaborate Fraud Scheme Gang Stole Over $3 Million from Various Banks
Msgr. Thomas J. McIntyre, Supt. of Diocese Schools, former GCHS Principal, Rams Alum

4 Tips on How to Use Social Media to Improve Your Small Business

 

(Gloucestercitynews.net)(Dec. 12, 2019)--Did you know that 77.6% of small businesses use social media to promote their businesses?

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 12.38.12

 

Facebook is the most popular platform for small businesses to use, followed by LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, their own blog, Pinterest, and Instagram. 

 

So if you’re a small business who is looking to improve your business with social media, then you need to discover our top tips on how you can use social media to boost your business.

 

  1. Be Discoverable

One of the most important things to do to improve your social media efforts is to make sure your business is discoverable. Whether your business is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, you need to make sure you are using the right keywords so people can find your business.

 

Place your keywords in category tags, description boxes, and photos, to ensure your business has maximum coverage. But remember not to keyword stuff, ensure that your phrasing is natural.

 

  1. Use Statistics and Analyse Your Results

Understanding Facebook statistics can greatly impact the success of your social media efforts. For example, if you know who your audience is, where you can find them online, and what time or days they use Facebook then you should be able to target your key audience using carefully thought out campaigns. This works with other platforms too, so make sure you research who is most prominent on each channel and what time they use it most.

 

You can also use your own Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn statistics to figure out what type of content creates the most engagement and what your audience wants to see. Once you’ve worked out what works best make sure you create more content like it.

 

  1. Create Relevant Content

So many businesses and brands make the mistake of creating content that their audience doesn’t care about. When it comes to social media you need to make sure that you create relevant content for your audience. For example, create useful how-to blogs about your products, create exciting videos about your business, and post images that your followers want to see.

 

The best way to find out what is relevant is by testing the waters and seeing what your audience responds and interacts with most. If you get the most engagement from posting photos and videos, then focus your content in this format.

 

  1. Don’t Promote Yourself Too Much

Businesses that always post about their products or services often lose followers and don’t gain much engagement, that’s because your audience doesn’t always want to be sold your business, they also want fun content. The social media rule of thumb is to post 80% of your content so that it can inform, educate, or entertain your audience. The other 20% of your content can be directly promoting your business. 

 

If you enjoyed reading this insightful article, then make sure you check out some of our other CBN Business News articles. 

 

image source

https://pixabay.com

Comments