(Gloucestercitynews.net)(August 16,2019)--The UFC rankings were introduced in February of 2013 and are generated by a voting panel made up of several media members. In order to rank these fighters, the media members are asked to vote who they feel are the top fighters as per the UFC by weight class and pound-for-pound.
The media members are only eligible to vote for a fighter if they are active in the UFC. A fighter is allowed to appear in more than one weight division at a time and the champion and the interim champion of a division are considered to be in the top position of the particular weight class.
The champions of a division are not eligible to be voted, however, the champions can be voted on for the pound-for-pound rankings. There are currently 12 UFC Weight classes and all major UFC news revolve around these divisions.
- Light Heavyweight
- Women's Bantamweight
- Women's Flyweight
The current UFC Champions with respect to UFC rankings are as follows:
- Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier
- Light Heavyweight: Jon Jones
- Welterweight: Kamaru Usman
- Middleweight: Robert Whittaker
- Lightweight: Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Featherweight: Max Holloway
- Women's Featherweight: Amanda Nunes
- Bantamweight: Henry Cejudo
- Women's Bantamweight: Amanda Nunes
- Flyweight: Henry Cejudo
- Women's Flyweight: Valentina Shevchenko
- Strawweight: Jessica Andrade