Participating in its Programs and Services Throughout NJ
Drive runs through Wednesday, August 14
GLASSBORO, NJ (July 30, 2019) – Acenda Integrated Health invites the local community to help send area children back to school with a new backpack filled with awesome school supplies - and a big smile - through its Backpack Drive which runs through Wednesday, August 14. Last year’s drive benefited nearly 600 children from kindergarten through high school.
"The start of the school year is an exciting time for children as they meet new teachers and classmates. But if your family cannot afford new school supplies, it can often be a stressful time. By providing children with a new backpack and school supplies, we can help ease their anxiety and prepare them for academic success," said Lisa Haya, Vice President of Child & Family Services, Acenda Integrated Health.
Through the Backpack Drive, Acenda is collecting school supplies, filled backpacks and monetary donations. Much-need school supplies include: #2 pencils, notebooks, pens, folders, boxes of Crayons, book covers, boxes of colored pencils, scissors, markers, erasers, journals, calculators, protractors, rulers glue sticks, highlighters, pencil cases and backpacks.
Here’s how to get involved in Acenda’s Backpack drive:
- Make a donation – a donation of $35 can purchase a brand new backpack with all the essential school supplies for a child to succeed in the upcoming school year. Monetary donations can be made by visiting acendahealth.org/backpack
- Host a collection – local businesses or groups are encouraged to invite customers, staff, clients, friends and family to join in helping children succeed this school year by hosting their own collection. Acenda will provide all marketing materials, signage and collection boxes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Amazon Wish List – Acenda has created a wish list of supplies and backpacks to make shopping easy. Visit acendahealth.org/backpack to purchase items off the list and have them sent directly to Acenda.
- Volunteer – Once all the supplies and backpacks are collected, volunteers will be needed to stuff the backpacks with the supplies. Backpacks will be stuffed from August 19-21. Sign up to be a volunteer by visiting acendahealth.org/backpack
- Purchased backpacks and supplies can be dropped off at Acenda, located at 42 Delsea Drive South, Glassboro, NJ, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Acenda Integrated Health is grateful for community’s support of its annual Backpack Drive, including the Church of the Holy Family, Haddonfield United Methodist Church, Nancy Kowalik Real Estate Group, Fulton Bank, Mauz Group - Keller Williams Realty, Blissful Yoga, Big Sky Enterprises, and other generous community organizations and partners.
About Acenda Integrated Health
Acenda Integrated Health is a nonprofit organization dedicated to industry-leading prevention, treatment and wellness services compassionately delivered to ensure that every individual, family and community achieves their greatest potential. Acenda is at the forefront of community-based services, providing over 100 health and social service programs at 56 locations throughout a 10-county region in New Jersey. For more information visit acendahealth.org.