(Gloucestercitynews.net)--Americans have taken on more credit card debt in the last few years. Overall credit card debt hit $807 billion in Q1 of 2019 in the US according to Experian, a 29% increase over the last 5 years.
Here are additional credit card trends:
- New Jersey had the 2nd highest credit card debt among all states at $6,881 in Q1 of 2019.
- The New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island Metro Area had an average credit card debt of $6,872 in 2019.
- 60.5% of Americans had a credit card in Q1 2019, an 11% increase from Q1 of 2016.
- The average credit card balance in Q1 2019 was $6,028
- No Annual Fee and Secured Credit Cards were the most viewed credit cards in Q1 of 2019.
Check out the full research article here: https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/state-of-credit-cards/