Memorial Day Weekend
Dust off your party hats and noisemakers, it’s time to celebrate Submarine Becuna’s 75th birthday all Memorial Day Weekend long!
Help Independence Seaport Museum make sure “Becky” has the best birthday yet by visiting the Museum to sign a birthday card, have some birthday cake (what’s a birthday party without cake?), and much more!
Special Becuna Birthday Bargains
- $7.50 entry for Extended Historic Ships (last boarding at 6:15 p.m.), Thursday, May 23 – Sunday, May 26
- $7.50 entry to Admiral’s Tavern*, Friday, May 24 – Saturday, May 25 (*21+ over)
- $7.50 paddling in Paddle Penn’s Landing, Friday May 24 – Monday, May 27
- Sign a birthday card for “Becky” in the crew’s mess aboard the submarine.
- Becuna-themed Seafarin’ Saturday from 1:30-3:30 on Saturday, May 25
- Artifact show-and-tell
- Birthday cake on Saturday, May 25
- Docent tours of Becuna from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 with United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.
In addition to deals and activities, please join ISM on Saturday, May 25 at 10:30 a.m. for a special ceremony to honor Submarine Becuna. Speakers include a representative from the United Sates Navy as well as local individuals who have special stories and connections about the submarine. During the ceremony we will also be unveiling Becuna’s brass and wood name boards as well as celebrating her service with gun salutes from Cruiser Olympia and the Battleship New Jersey.
Special thanks to our partners and sponsors for helping us create a memorable weekend:
Chapel of Four Chaplains
United States Navy
US Submarine Veterans, Inc (Philadelphia Base and Keystone Base)
WWII Submarine Veterans, Delaware Valley Chapter
Community College of Philadelphia
Make sure to share your photos and experiences with us all weekend using #Becuna75
published gloucestercitynews.net | May 13, 2019