With gun sales still in decline since President Donald Trump took office and with new gun laws taking effect this year such as a federal ban on “bump stocks,” the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s States Most Dependent on the Gun Industry as well as accompanying videos.
To determine the states that depend most heavily on the arms and ammunitions industry both directly for jobs and political contributions and indirectly through firearm ownership, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 17 key metrics. The data set ranges from firearms industry jobs per capita to gun sales per 1,000 residents to gun ownership rate.
New Jersey’s Dependence on the Gun Industry (1=Most Dependent; 25=Avg.)
- 47th – Gun Ownership Rate
- 50th – Firearms-Industry Jobs per Capita
- 49th – Total Firearms-Industry Output per Capita
- 47th – Total Taxes Paid by Firearms Industry per Capita
- 49th – NICS Background Checks per Capita
- 41st – Gun-Control Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
- 44th – Gun-Rights Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
For the full report, please visit:
published in gloucestercitynews.net | April 9, 2019