(Elmer, NJ – April 18, 2019) South Jersey Arts & Music Fest is truly family-friendly. Kids age 3-13 can experience the magic of a summer at world-renowned Appel Farm Art Camp at the Arts Camp Pop-Up with visual and performing arts activities, a bounce house, and yard games just for kids! Arts Camp pop-Up is a great place for the kids to ignite their own creativity under the care of camp counselors, while parents check out the selection of vintage wines & craft beers.
While kids come to Arts Fest for free, $10 gets your kids access to three zones of fun, plus some quiet time watching a kid's movie in the late afternoon! Parents may drop their kids off through out the day for any amount of time. Parents and guardians can sign their kids in and out of the Arts Camp Pop-Up to go get a bite to eat from one of our delicious food trucks or to catch your family's favorite band on the Meadow Stage, or do a performing art, visual art, or steam workshop with your whole family in our interactive tents!
Visual Art Makers Space
Get creative and make your own Origami Bookmarks, Shrink Jewelry, Printmaking Postcards, Pixel Art, and more!
Performing Arts Activities
Line Dance Workshops, Improv Games, and performances just for the kids!
Special Kids Performances!
Live Children's Music by Jess: Did you know that Jess of No Good Sister, one of Appel Farm's favorite bands, has a background as a Montessori Pre-School teacher and leads children's music classes? Jess will entertain all the kids with her delightful repertoire of music, and we will dance and clap and have so much fun! Catch this special kids performance on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
Bounce House, Corn Hole, Sponge Water Tag, Gaga, Basketball, and more!
South Jersey Arts Fest at Appel Farm Highlights include:
- Appel Farm welcomes to the Meadow Stage a musical rainbow of earthy, rootsy, countrified, soul-filled, rockin’ music! Headliners Southern Culture on the Skids and Gina Chavez are joined by Williams Honor, Hymn for Her, Wallace Brothers, Gooch and the Motion, Ursula Rucker, Hoochi Coochi, and more.
- Visual Art, Music, Dance, and STEAM workshops and activities offer patrons the chance to ignite their creativity and make some art!
- A variety of craftspeople, fine artists and culinary artisans will be featured at the Crafter and Culinary Artisan Fair with painting, photography, glass art, jewelry, carved wood, leather, metal craft, spices, cut paper, printmaking and more!
- Patrons are invited to learn the Art of Wine Making at a workshop featuring the winemakers of Auburn Road Vineyard & Winery.
- Festival-goers will enjoy delicious fare from gourmet food trucks, craft brews and vintage wine.
- Kids age 3-13 can experience the magic of a summer at world-renowned Appel Farm Art Camp at our Arts Camp Pop-Up with visual and performing arts activities, a bounce house, and yard games just for kids! Arts Camp pop-Up is a great place for the kids to ignite their own creativity under the care of camp counselors, while parents check out the selection of vintage wines & craft beers.
- Arts Fest Attendees can also camp under the stars or rent an entire bunk for the Overnight Experience! Enjoy a campfire, s’mores and an exclusive campfire performance by The Yokels.
- On Sunday morning, riders may join the South Jersey Cycling Tour with routes for beginning, intermediate, and advanced riders with Auburn Road Vineyards as their destination.
1-Day Tickets are $25, and kids up to age 13 are free! Get tickets online at bit.ly/SouthJerseyArtsFest.
Support Arts Fest: Appel Farm is building a roster of volunteers, sponsors, and partners to help bring this ground-breaking festival to South Jersey. To learn more about getting involved, please contact Jennie Quinn, Public Outreach Director, at email@example.com or 856-358-2472.
Location: Appel Farm Arts & Music Campus is located in picturesque Salem County, NJ at 457 Shirley Road, Elmer, NJ 08318. Only 35 minutes from Philadelphia, 30 minutes from Wilmington, DE, 90 minutes from Princeton, Atlantic City and Cape May, and 2 hours from Baltimore and NYC, Appel Farm is regionally accessible.
Accessibility Information: With two weeks advance notice, Appel Farm can provide NJ Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899, accessible parking with golf cart transportation to the stage, accessible port-o-lets, large print and braille schedules.
Funding: Made possible by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional grant funding provided by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel & Tourism. General support funding made possible in part by the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the Pascale Sykes Foundation, and Salem Health & Wellness Foundation. Sponsors include Subaru of America, Wedgewood Pharmacy, Dodges Market, RCL Solar, Eric M. Krise Electrical Contractor LLC, EnviroSafe, Bowman & Company LLP, AM Skier, Flying Fish Brewery, Auburn Road Vineyard & Winery, and Action Wheels Bike Shop. Marketing partners include WXPN FM 88.5, Social Impact Studios, VisitSouthJersey.com, VisitSalemCountyNJ.com, NJHeartland.org, JerseyArts.com, ArtsEdNow.org, and Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Thank you to all our donors for supporting our arts education programs!
Appel Farm Arts & Music Campus: Since 1960, Appel Farm Arts and Music Campus has provided transformative arts and learning experiences, and has emerged as the arts education leader in South Jersey. Arts education programs on our campus at Appel Farm, in the schools, and in the community are raising the bar of arts education for children and families in our community. Appel Farm provides people of all ages, cultures and economic backgrounds with a supportive, cooperative environment in which to explore the fine and performing arts.
published gloucestercitynews.net | April 20, 2019