(Elmer, NJ – March 29, 2019) South Jersey Arts Fest at Appel Farm will be held on our campus in Elmer, NJ on Saturday & Sunday, June 1 & 2, 2019. This immersive arts festival will be experiential, hands-on, diverse and is designed to attract new and returning visitors of all ages to Appel Farm for a day of community, music, wine and food, and art-making in celebration of the culture-rich South Jersey region. The event will raise funds to support transformative arts and learning experiences for local children, raising the bar of arts education in South Jersey.
“We are thrilled to bring this unique festival to South Jersey,” said Cori Solomon, Appel Farm’s Executive Director. “Arts Fest is for anyone who wants to fully experience the joy of the arts in celebration of the rich culture and beautiful setting of South Jersey – all while supporting affordable arts education for young people, allowing every child to thrive.”
Appel Farm invites thousands of people to attend with the theme: “Ignite Your Imagination!” The family-friendly event will include Meadow Stage performances by nationally touring acts and local favorites; performances by regional theatre, music, and dance student groups; hands-on visual and performing arts and STEAM workshops for all ages; a juried crafter and culinary artisan fair; gourmet food trucks, craft brews, and vintage wine.
“Appel Farm is well known for its amazing outdoor festivals. South Jersey Arts Fest at Appel Farm takes a familiar experience to a whole new level,” said Marcy Bliss, Board President and festival visionary. “Arts Fest is more interactive, immersive, and multi-generational than ever before. Appel Farm aligned this festival with our mission and vision as the arts education leader in South Jersey, and we are kicking off the summer with as much fun as South Jersey can handle!”
South Jersey Arts Fest at Appel Farm Highlights include:
- Appel Farm welcomes to the Meadow Stage a musical rainbow of earthy, rootsy, countrified, soul-filled, rockin’ music! Headliners Southern Culture on the Skids and Gina Chavez are joined by Williams Honor, Hymn for Her, Wallace Brothers, Gooch and the Motion, Ursula Rucker, Hoochi Coochi, and more.
- Visual Art, Music, Dance, and STEAM workshops and activities offer patrons the chance to ignite their creativity and make some art!
- A variety of craftspeople, fine artists and culinary artisans will be featured at the Crafter and Culinary Artisan Fair with painting, photography, glass art, jewelry, carved wood, leather, metal craft, spices, cut paper, printmaking and more!
- Patrons are invited to learn the Art of Wine Making at a workshop featuring the winemakers of Auburn Road Vineyard & Winery.
- Festival-goers will enjoy delicious fare from gourmet food trucks, craft brews and vintage wine.
- Kids age 3-13 can experience the magic of a summer at world-renowned Appel Farm Art Camp at our Arts Camp Pop-Up with visual and performing arts activities, a bounce house, and yard games just for kids! Arts Camp pop-Up is a great place for the kids to ignite their own creativity under the care of camp counselors, while parents check out the selection of vintage wines & craft beers.
- Arts Fest Attendees can also camp under the stars or rent an entire bunk for the Overnight Experience! Enjoy a campfire, s’mores and an exclusive campfire performance by The Yokels.
- On Sunday morning, riders may join the South Jersey Cycling Tour with routes for beginning, intermediate, and advanced riders with Auburn Road Vineyards as their destination.
“Have you ever been to Appel Farm?,” says Programs and Creativity Director, Julia Weekes, “For camp, an art retreat, an event? When we come together at Appel Farm, the farm comes alive. It's as if the whole place is giving off sound and color and energy. The 2019 South Jersey Arts Fest lineup at Appel Farm captures this magic – on one giant stage for two amazing days of earthy, rootsy, countrified, soul-filled, rockin' sound and color...a musical rainbow.”
Flash Sale: 1-Day Tickets are $15 on April 1st only – No Foolin’! Get tickets online at bit.ly/SouthJerseyArtsFest and save $10 if you order on April 1, 2019 with code FLASHSALE!
Support Arts Fest: Appel Farm is building a roster of volunteers, sponsors, and partners to help bring this ground-breaking festival to South Jersey. To learn more about getting involved, please contact Jennie Quinn, Public Outreach Director, at email@example.com or 856-358-2472.
Location: Appel Farm Arts & Music Campus is located in picturesque Salem County, NJ at 457 Shirley Road, Elmer, NJ 08318. Only 35 minutes from Philadelphia, 30 minutes from Wilmington, DE, 90 minutes from Princeton, Atlantic City and Cape May, and 2 hours from Baltimore and NYC, Appel Farm is regionally accessible.
Accessibility Information: With two weeks advance notice, Appel Farm can provide NJ Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899, accessible parking with golf cart transportation to the stage, accessible port-o-lets, large print and braille schedules.
Funding: Made possible by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional grant funding provided by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel & Tourism. General support funding made possible in part by the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the Pascale Sykes Foundation, and Salem Health & Wellness Foundation.. Sponsors includeSubaru of America, Wedgewood Pharmacy, Dodges Market, RCL Solar, Eric M. Krise Electrical Contractor LLC, EnviroSafe, Bowman & Company LLP, AM Skier, Flying Fish Brewery, Auburn Road Vineyard & Winery, and Action Wheels Bike Shop. Marketing partners include WXPN FM 88.5, Social Impact Studios, VisitSouthJersey.com, VisitSalemCountyNJ.com, NJHeartland.org, JerseyArts.com, ArtsEdNow.org, and Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Thank you to all our donors for supporting our arts education programs!
Appel Farm Arts & Music Campus: Since 1960, Appel Farm Arts and Music Campus has provided transformative arts and learning experiences, and has emerged as the arts education leader in South Jersey. Arts education programs on our campus at Appel Farm, in the schools, and in the community are raising the bar of arts education for children and families in our community. Appel Farm provides people of all ages, cultures and economic backgrounds with a supportive, cooperative environment in which to explore the fine and performing arts.