Jefferson Health – NJ Hosts Fundraising Gala; Earth, Wind & Fire Wow Over 900 Guests
Measles Outbreak What You Should Know

Early Morning Appliance Fire Displaces Family

1200

Today, February 26, at approximately 0026 hours, Gloucester Twp. Police Communications received a 911 call from a resident on Sherri Lane, advising his house was on fire and filling with smoke.

Gloucester Twp. Police Units arrived shortly after the call with firefighters to find a moderate amount of smoke coming from the structure. The dwelling was occupied at the time the fire was discovered and all of the occupants evacuated safely prior to the arrival of emergency personnel.



Firefighters from Erial, Pine Hill, Lambs Terrace, Blackwood and Chews Landing Fire Departments responded and quickly extinguished the minor fire which was located in the basement and caused by an appliance. AMR Medical Services were also on location to assist, but were not needed as there were no injuries to residents or responders.

Two adults and one juvenile were displaced when the residence was deemed uninhabitable due to smoke damage. The displaced residents will be staying with relatives for the night. The American Red Cross was contacted and will assist the residents if any further assistance is needed.

The incident was deemed non-suspicious by the Fire Marshall from Erial Fire Department, Station 86.

Comments