KUTZTOWN, PA (01/02/2019) Kutztown University's sport management program was recently recognized by Value Colleges and ranked No. 4 in their listing of the Top 25 Best Value Sports Management Degrees for 2019.
KU offers a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management that dives deep into both the business and managerial aspects of the field as well as the sports-related focus. Students develop an analysis of ethics and professionalism that include a global awareness and diversity. Critical thinking skills, oral and written communication and quantitative analysis are stressed in the curriculum. Students also gain competencies in technology as it relates to managerial communication, organizational decision making, and data acquisition. Interpersonal skills required for effective teamwork and collaboration are also stressed in the coursework.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
With a degree in Sport Management, students are prepared to enter the fields of:
- Sport Management: Front office, public relations, ticket operations, brand marketing, equipment management, player personnel, community relations, game-day operations, conference/league administration, college athletics administration.
- Facility Management: Stadium and arena management, facility marketing and promotions, risk management and security.
- Event Management: Event coordination, booking coordination, public relations, media relations, event operations, production coordination, sponsorship and sales management, staffing and personnel management.
- Sport Product Marketing: Marketing and sales, merchandising, account management, product management.
- Sport Tourism: Management and marketing for spectator destinations, participant destinations, and nostalgia destinations.
The Value Colleges Top 25 Best Value Bachelor's in Sports Management ranking features only colleges and universities that have a proven track record of grads going on to rewarding careers in sports management. Beyond a good return on investment for students, they have gained a good reputation, and obviously, they are less expensive than other programs. In short, they have proven their value through the Value Colleges methodology:
- Reputation (from U.S. News & World Report)
- ROI (from College Scorecard)
- Cost (from IPEDS reporting)
For more information, contact the Sport Management & Leadership Studies Department at SptMgmt@kutztown.edu or by phone at 610-683-4370.