– Increases Energy and Cost-Saving Opportunities for All Customers
FOLSOM, NJ, Oct. 30, 2018 – South Jersey Gas, a subsidiary of SJI (NYSE:SJI) announced today that it received New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) approval to expand its energy-efficiency program, providing increased energy and cost-saving opportunities for all customers. The expanded program authorizes South Jersey Gas to spend $81.3M over the next three years to deliver meaningful and innovative energy- efficiency solutions to help customers lower energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
Starting in January 2019, South Jersey Gas will offer new residential and commercial energy-efficiency programs including:
- Residential Efficient Products Program – provides customers with access to a South Jersey Gas online portal, designed to raise awareness and increase access to low and moderately priced energy- efficiency products including: LED light bulbs, low-flow water devices, a smart thermostat that includes a $150 instant-rebate and energy saving tips
- Residential Home Assessment with Direct Install Program - offers customers with single-family homes a subsidized home energy assessment for only $49 that includes the installation of low-cost measures such as LED lighting, low-flow water devices and smart power strips at no additional cost, along with personalized recommendations to further expand on energy efficiency measures
- Residential Retrofit Weatherization Program - offers low to moderate income customers a free energy audit, energy education and weatherization services that includes direct install of measures like insulation and, air and duct sealing, as needed, at no cost
- Online Energy Audit – offers homeowners a customized, real-time energy audit based on behavioral patterns to help customers better understand their energy usage and provides easy to implement recommendations to reduce consumption and improve energy-efficiency
- C&I Engineered Solutions Program - provides municipalities, universities, schools, hospitals, and non-profit facilities tailored energy-efficiency solutions and financing assistance to take on large- scale energy-efficiency projects
“Our expanded energy-efficiency enables us to help customers reduce their environmental impact, while providing cost-savings opportunities,” said South Jersey Gas president Craig Jennings. “This expansion supports our continued commitment to providing safe, reliable, affordable service to our customers.”
Since the NJBPU first approved energy efficiency programs for South Jersey Gas in 2009, more than 15,000 customers have participated in various residential and commercial/industrial rebate and loan programs. If fully subscribed, the program will result in a reduction of more than 790,000 tons in carbon dioxide emissions. Under this program, natural gas utility bills for a typical residential customer using 100 therms a month will increase
Media Contact: Marissa Travaline (609) 561-9000 ext. 4227 email@example.com
$0.81 or 0.6 percent. For more information about the South Jersey Gas Energy Efficiency Programs, visit southjerseygas.com/incentives or call 855.678.5860.
About South Jersey Gas
South Jersey Gas, subsidiary of SJI (NYSE:SJI), delivers safe, reliable, affordable natural gas and promotes energy efficiency to approximately 385,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, and portions of Gloucester, Burlington and Camden counties in New Jersey. For more information, visit southjerseygas.com.