Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest closes for the season on Monday, September 3rd (don't worry though, it will re-open as Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest on November 23rd to celebrate 25 years!!!). Even if you've already been to the rink this summer, there are a TON of things to try through Labor Day Weekend.
- Grab a group of friends or the family for a roller skating session - we've got traditional quads or inline skates for you to rent (or you can bring your own).
- Sing, skate, and dance along to all-MJ, all-night on Wednesday to celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday. The party will feature a Michael Jackson impersonator, live DJ, special giveaways, and the new Moonwalk cocktail.
- Take a ride on the Ferris Wheel for amazing views of the skyline and river.
- Get down on Friday night with Roller Boogie featuring Universal Cave's Brian Hart Cassidy.
- Beat the heat with something cool and delicious from Franklin Fountain (we'd strongly recommend the milkshakes).
- Help us Kick the Keg! $5 draft beers all day Sunday and Monday. Keg kickers will win Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest prize packages.
- Follow us on Instagram because we're doing our final giveaway of the season and there will be plenty more this winter.
- Indulge in the famous Chickie's and Pete's Crabfries and a drink while watching the roller dancers show off their moves.
- Win a giant stuffed prize for that special someone at the boardwalk-style games OR defeat that special someone at a game of air hockey in the arcade.
- Take the classic summer photo in the #visitphilly Big Red Chair.
- We've got the exclusive on fried Tastykakes! Be sure to try one before Monday!
- Practice your putting skills at our mini-golf course.
- Choose your spot wisely at the rink for the final night of fireworks of the summer. You can even check out a free concert by the United States Army Band Downrangebeforehand at the Great Plaza at Penn's Landing.
And don't forget, Independence Blue Cross cardholders get free admission for up to 4 people. See you this weekend!