DOVER DELAWARE (CNBNewsnet)(May 22, 2018) – Delaware’s Offshore Wind Working Group will host two public workshops in May for input on the working group’s draft recommendations to the Governor.
Workshops will be held at 6 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, May 29, William Penn High School Auditorium, 713 E. Basin Road New Castle, DE 19720
- Thursday, May 31, South Coastal Library, 43 Kent Avenue, Bethany Beach, DE 19930
The workshops will begin with a brief update on draft recommendations that were developed at the working group’s April 23 meeting. The public may then offer comments on the draft recommendations.
The recommendations focus on three key questions:
- What factors need to be considered before Delaware responds when a company proposes to develop offshore wind?
- What factors need to be considered in a decision on whether the state would solicit or purchase energy, capacity or renewable energy credits (RECs) from an offshore wind project?
- What can Delaware do to position itself to become the location for part of the supply chain for offshore wind projects in the Mid-Atlantic?
All Offshore Wind Working Group meetings are open to the public and posted on the Delaware Public Meeting Calendar.
For more information, or to submit written comment, please contact Tom Noyes, principal planner for utility policy, DNREC Division of Energy & Climate, by emailing Thomas.Noyes@state.de.us or calling 302-735-3480.