Galloway, N.J. - The Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality & Tourism (LIGHT) at Stockton University today released the newest online edition of LIGHT’s On – Spring 2018, with information and analysis about the gaming, hospitality and tourism sectors of New Jersey’s economy.
- An interview with Matt Harkness, president of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City, about his career and vision for Hard Rock’s future in Atlantic City.
- Transportation Update – Anthony Marino discusses indicators of Atlantic City visitation and factors that may lead to an increase in visitor numbers for 2018.
- Employment Update – Dr. Oliver Cooke provides insight into local employment and labor force dynamics. He notes a 13 percent year-over-year fourth quarter increase in casino hotel employment in 2017 that may reflect the industry’s preparations for an anticipated hiring flurry in the first and second quarters of 2018.
- Economic Update- Dr. Michael Busler examines current economic trends in Atlantic City and predicts the city will be able to harness 2018 growth into sustained prosperity.
- Hospitality & Tourism Update – LIGHT Executive Director, Dr. Rummy Pandit provides an overview of automation technology and its potential impact on training and employment.
Link to LIGHT’s On Spring 2018 e-edition. LIGHT's ON Spring 2018
Link to all LIGHT’s On e-editions.
Dr. Rummy Pandit, executive director of LIGHT, is available for interviews on this research or other topics related to gaming, hospitality and tourism in New Jersey. To arrange an interview, please contact Dr. Rummy Pandit at (email@example.com).
The Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming Hospitality & Tourism (LIGHT) at Stockton University provides a forum for public policy discussions regarding the gaming, hospitality and tourism industries in New Jersey.
LIGHT is located at the Stockton-Rothenberg Building, 3430 Atlantic Ave., Atlantic City, N.J. 08401.